Anyone have Vontage phone service?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Looking for some ways to cut expenses and was wondering about this company. We do not have cell phones and we don't want one either.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
  2. MDS114

MDS114 New Member

We used Vonage a few years ago...never had a problem. Keep in mind you have to have high speed internet to use them...usually you can get your current ISP to give you a good deal too. Good luck!
  3. lonna1

lonna1 New Member

I have a life alert system and the company told me that Vonage cannot be relied on. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It would not always work for emergencies such as 911 etc. I don't use a cell phone either. I decided not to get Vonage.
  4. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

i've never used vonage, but was thinking about it for awhile.

we needed to find some ways to save also.

we just bought the MagicJack. they've been having commercials about them on tv alot lately.

i was a little leary at first, because it sounded to good to be true, but after talking to a few people who have it, decided to give it a go.

the only thing is, though, you have to have cable internet.

it costs $39.95 (bought mine at Radio Shack). that gives you the little piece that goes into your USB port, and also includes your first YEAR of service. it also includes call waiting, caller ID, free long distance, and voice mail. you can also use 911 with it.

after the first year, it's then 19.95 a year.

it's working wonderful! havn't noticed a difference in qaulity at all.

i'm sold!

just an idea. it's gonna save us alot of money every year.

5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

If you have more than one phone you have to get your house wired for them i chose to get the phones that you need to plug into an electrical outlet insted of a phone line again if my cable goes out there is no phone
  6. Casamadre5

Casamadre5 Member

I have it and love it. I haven't had any problems and the flat 29 per month unlimited is great.