anyone have white house e-mail address???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jan a., Jan 29, 2003.

1. jan a.

jan a. New Member

does anone know how to e-mail the white house? after the presidents speech last night and hearing about all the billions of dollars we are sending overseas to help sick and hungry people (which believe me I am totally for compassionate aid to the suffering) I feel like what about all of us? so many of us have exhausted our funds even with insurance which speaking for myself is more expensive that my husband and I can afford but must have....after selling so many of our things to make money to pay bills because I cant work from having cfs, and am still fighting for social security disability which we all paid for and cant get.why isnt someone helpng us, americans who have paid taxes all our lives and now through no fault of our own are suffering too and all the aid goes somewhere else.personally even if I get ssdi it will be a very small amount but I would be grateful for that....but its one big run around....then there was a story on the news tonight here in florida about illegal aliens getting free medical care in the emergency room and hospitals and they are illegal!! I guess Im just venting at my frustration of hearing all the good we do for others, and believe me humanitarian help is the american way but I believe we need to look here at home and help sick people in need here, not with frivilous handouts but just to help really sick and helpless people in need of a some kind of help with rx prices or at least
    to be fair with disability claims if even for a short term to just get us back on our feet financially so we dont all go bankrupt or homeless...well IM off my soapbox...I want to write the president about what its like to be chronically ill here in the good old usa and how can our country help us citizens and recognise how many are suffering from these ailments....so does anyone know how to e-mail the whitehouse???? would welcome any others who would write also...I figure go right to the top....never mind celebrities...thanks for anyone who has read this long gripe....
    love and best wishes to all who suffer.....
    jan a.
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

I don't have the email address, but I agree with where you are coming from. Without getting into too many specifics and starting a political debate (which I DON'T want to do), as we were watching this last night, I was completely dumbfounded. There are SO many people here in this country, US citizens, who have no health insurance coverage, who cannot get medical care, who are just barely making it, who are sick/injured/mentally ill, and cannot get the proper medical care that they need, and as far as I'm concerned, that they are ENTITLED TO. It amazes me how quickly we jump to aid other countries, help THEIR sick/homeless/starving people, when there is so MUCH of it right here! And even those of us who DO have health insurance often struggle to pay the darn premiums, which go up considerably every year, the cost of doctor visits and meds and tests are expensive, and even WITH the medical insurance, so much is still unaffordable. This is a sore topic with me. I say let's help our country's sick people first!
  3. jan a.

jan a. New Member

thankyou lane and karen...Ill try that search engine...Ill find it somewhere...
    thanks karen for your passion on the subject.....I dont want to get political either...In fact I stand behind our president....just dont understnd the system...It wouldnt matter who was president it would be the same on this matter, no matter what they promise...its just so frustrating....I figure he will probably never see my letter much less reply but it will feel good to write it and get out all the feelings on the subject...after all. we all have a say on this matter...best wishes...jan a.
  4. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

Jan,

I so agree with your beef about helping US citizens first. I too have to pay an ungodly amount for health care insurance because my Medicare won't kick in until after I have been on SSD for two years, if I am even allowed to be on SSD for two years. Even then I will have pay a horrendous amount for prescriptions. So I will at least have to have some type of prescription coverage. I have paid my "premiums" for SS for 27 years now and this is the security I get for doing so? Something is way too wrong here. I may write the president myself.

Betsy
  5. sybil

sybil New Member

far more money waging war in Iraq,then it will ever spend in foreign aid.

speaking as a U.K. citizen.most of the people in the U.K.don't even want to get involved in a war in Iraq.our once brilliant national health service is a shambles.even patients with serious illnesses get sub-standard treatment in a lot of cases.our transport system is on its knees.i could go on and on...

as for asylum seekers,i think you will find,we accept far more of them in the u.k. than the U.S. and the rest of Europe put together!!
    but i personally would rather spend the money on asylum seekers,than some futile war.

by the way...aren't most people in the U.S.,apart from native americans, immigrants?

sybilxxx
  6. jan a.

jan a. New Member

dont want to start a big discussion about possible war with iraq...that gets too heated and political...I think there are far too many opinions on that..I think our president is trying to protect us all from another attack that may well be our last...enough said on that......all I was trying to say is I wish the government would take care and help us who are sick and can not work with rx help or at least make it easier to get ssd or affordable insurance,when there appears to be money to help so many others who didnt pay into our tax system...Im all for helping others anywhere in the world who are suffering, but please start here at home first.....
    love and PEACE, jan a.
  7. karen55

karen55 New Member

post an apology to everyone here about that too, Jan. I certainly didn't want this to become political and we all know that political discussions don't belong on this board. I just have very strong feelings about the sick in our country. So apologies to anyone who was offended. Please, let's don't continue this topic with political references. Let's all play nice, and by the rules. :) Again, I apologize to anyone who took offense.

Karen
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I agree that our health care system needs overhauling so that everyone gets at least adequate health care. There are a lot of questions about what kind of system we need and how to fund it and who will pay what into it, but it definitely needs to become a priority.

I do not want a one-payer system like Canada and most of Europe presently have. Our government cannot administer our own Medicare and Medicaid systems, let alone try to administer a national health care system. Like everything else our government is involved in, the fraud is rampant, stealing huge amounts of money from these funds. Imagine the fraud our medical system would perpetrate on a national health care system.

There are many issues and problems to be worked out, but we should at least try. Hillary Clinton tried and was lambasted so badly by the "compassionate conservatives" that no one has dared to try to bring the issue up again. It's unfortunate that our basic needs become political footballs and then just get abandoned.

BTW, everyone in our country gets healthcare of one kind or another. We all pay for it and it's probably more expensive than if we had a decent system in place. We pay for those who cannot pay, and who use emergency rooms instead of doctor offices, through higher health care costs, higher taxes, and higher insurance premiums.

Good luck with your efforts.

Love, Mikie
  9. dlizard

dlizard New Member

DITTO! and for the record.. anyone got bill gates addy too???????? HELLO PEOPLE! what are we chopped meat????/ I'm laughing but come on.......ditto!
  10. Bratnut

Bratnut New Member

My oldest daughter is quite civically minded and wrote her first letter to the president at age 6. They responded after quite awhile and the same for her second letter. The address is The White House. 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC... don't know the zip off hand and I we never needed it, but the folks in D.C. know where to send it for some reason. :)

good luck,

Patricia
  11. sybil

sybil New Member

you made the debate political.

it's one thing to complain about how difficult it is for FMS/CFS sufferers to get decent health care,i agree on that,it happens in most countries,not just the u.s.

but to moan about how much money your country gives in aid is quite offensive.especially as the U.S. has been taken to task by the U.N. in the past for not paying out all the money it pledges in foreign aid.

we think we have it bad,try living in a village in africa,where your children are dying of disease because they don't have clean water to drink,or starving because of drought killing their crops.they don't even get basic medical treatment.

as for illegal immigration...if you lived in a poor country or one torn apart by war,wouldn't you want to move to a wealthy one?

most of the original immigrants to the U.S. moved there for a better life,you can't blame others for wanting the same.

all of us in the western world have it easy,even though we may have health problems that get us down,let's not forget that,

sybilxxx
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2003]
  12. jan a.

jan a. New Member

about my wanting to write the president about helping us here in the usa with some disability, medical insurance and rx help who cant work and afford it....I never said we should not let immagrints in..I referred to illegal aliens getting free health care...they are illegal! anyone who wants to come to this country can but must go through due process just as our ancestors did at ellis island .... please lets keep this on the subject of just trying to get what we have been paying for all our working lives...and not having to go around in circles trying to get it....we are all in this illness together and need to be supportive of each other, not get into a political debate...Im sorry if I said something that was taken in a way I certaintly didnt meam....love and peace and may there be a cure for this awful debilitating illness soon...love jan a.
  13. Betty50victor

Betty50victor New Member

Well, about 2 min. after I sent my LONG email to the president, I received an Autoresponse. "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Symptom on back burner.."

To: (Edited to remove URL)
    Dear Mr. President Bush,
    Just want to say that I really think you're doing a GREAT job. I'm all for, and I know it'll be rough, getting rid of Sadam and other terrorists. We must stand up for OUR GREAT NATION and let the terrorists, etc... know that we've had ENOUGH!
    Well got off the reason why I'm writing. I just hope you get this message.
    I am one of the MANY people suffering from severe Fibromyalgia and depression caused by the Fibro.
    I just don't understand why we have to fight sooooooooo hard
    to get state disability and then for those of us who can't work anymore, it's hard to get social security disability also.
    I, for one, have worked hard all my life! I loved to work! Now, I can't because of this disease which the docs. don't know what causes it, we take MANY pills just trying to get relief from the pain, stiffness, problems walking, etc...............
    I and many others have to use a wheel chair to go to markets, malls, etc..... Walking, for me, is hard. I try to force myself like the doc. says we should but if I walk any longer than 15 min. max. I hurt for the rest of the day.
    Why aren't there any programs and/or grants or any thing in the news about us with Fibromyalgia? There's programs, etc.. for MS, Diabetes, Cancer....... Why not for fibro?????
    Someone needs to help us. Why are sooooo many people coming up with this disease/condition? Something in the water, foods, air........?
    Bottom line is that I've worked hard for 31+ years and I didn't ask for this very debilatating disease/condition. It's taken away my life, LITERALLY! Can't do much of anything anymore. Lose concentration, very forgetful, have to write every thing down or I WILL forget and get lost when driving.
    WHY DO WE HAVE TO FIGHT SO HARD FOR DISABILITY?
    Imagrants come to this country and get money, housing, medical help etc...............
    Don't you think that us AMERICANS should at least get what we deserve and have paid our money into the state disability program and Social Security all our lifes.
    I'm sorry this ended up so long but just trying to get you attention.
    Well, from all of us on the website for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrom and Depression @www.immunesupport.com, We would appreciate anything you can do to help us with this disease/condition that seems to be kept on the back burner.

Would really appreciate a comment from you.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely, Betty Minyard

THEIR REPLY:........
    Subj: Re: fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue on back burner...
    Date: 1/31/03 2:13:35 AM Pacific Standard Time
    Thank you for emailing President Bush. Your ideas and comments are very important to him.

For up-to-date information about the President and his policies, please check the White House web site at (Edited to remove URL)

Unfortunately, because of the large volume of email received, the President cannot personally respond to each message. However, the White House staff considers and reports citizen ideas and concerns.

Again, thank you for your email. Your interest in the work of President Bush and his administration is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    The White House Office of E-Correspondence

Please Note:
    If the subject of your email was a request for a Presidential greeting, please note that all greeting requests must be submitted in writing to the following
    address:
    The White House
    Attn: Greetings Office
    Room 39
    Washington, D.C. 20502-0039

Please review the guidelines carefully before mailing your request to the White House. The guidelines are accessible at: (Edited to remove URL)

14. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

No soap boxes.
  15. sybil

sybil New Member

illegal immigrants,giving aid to other countries,in the first place?

like i said,i can understand anyone writing to their government to complain about the way FMS/CFS sufferers are treated.
    but to blame the lack of medical treatment on giving aid to foreigners and complaining about illegal immigrants,was wrong and should never have been brought up in the first place.but since it has been......this isn't the place to whine about how your government spends its money.

if jan.a can get on HER soapbox,then have i not the right to disagree?

like mervi1111 said,the war your government is embarking on,is not about protecting its citizens,but about the control of Iraqi oil.
    maybe you should email them about that too.
    this is my final word on the subject,

sybilxxx
  16. Bambi

Bambi New Member

You are barking up the wrong tree. If
    you don't own a huge corporation or
    a phamacutical company, you need not
    apply! I WAS amazed to hear on the news that this country only donates
    .1 percent of it's money for world aid, however much of what it does donate goes to the dictators for munitions and not for food and health
    care. It's long past the time we took
    care of our own better, look at the
    Appalachians and you'll see poverty and 3rd world conditions! Children getting MAYBE one poor meal a day if
    that. It won't change until we decide to vote for people that will take care of the U.S.'s needs first and they are all too busy looking out for
    their donors to find one. Our little
    4 to 10,000,000 sufferers don't matter, we can't contribute to taxes,
    we can't join the military, we can't
    even give blood..we're just a drain
    on their insurance company friends, on the Disability funds, Medicade or
    anything else we get. Of course some
    like me get nothing because my husband makes too much (HA!)as in
    NOT!..and I only raised my child to
    be a tax paying citizen so my "work"
    doesn't count now when I need help.
    One bomb would pay for one heck of a
    lot of meds or tests or food or physical help! I love my country but
    I don't love the way it's been twisted and gnawed and nearly torn in
    two! Hugs, Bambi
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's obvious that we have a health care crisis in this country.

Many of the foreign problems we are facing go way back to our foreign policies by both parties in the past. The question is whether the world will continue on this self-destructive path or whether all countries will be able to fully participate in the world economy and share the wealth. Countries which are left out with nothing but hopelessness and poverty are prime areas for terrorists to organize. Totalitarian regimes like North Korea's are out of date and they need to come into the modern world in order to give their citizens their fair shot at a decent life.

This is a huge challenge but it is one which we must all meet, worldwide. Has the U.S. made mistakes? Yes? Have we been arrogant as a nation as as individuals. Sometimes. How are we ever going to cooperate and get this huge job done if we cannot even have a decent discussion here without people attacking one another's countries?

We are all in the fight of our lives for our own health and well-being. We cannot afford to attack one another here. We need to cooperate to try to get some recognition and funding for our illnesses. We need to be spending our energy on researching our own treatment options, not lashing out at one another.

Jan, I'm sorry this whole thread is breaking down like this, but maybe we can learn a valuable lesson from it. I wish you all the best in your treatment.

Love, Mikie
  18. LITEFLAMES

LITEFLAMES New Member

I have it hear it is
    (edited to remove URL) hope you get a good response
    cindy green