Anyone having INCONTINENCE problems?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by Purrl, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Purrl

Purrl New Member

Since most of my medical problems have a known connection to CFIDS, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having problems.

I have a long story about how I found a solution, but this querey will do for now.
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

It just started. I didn't know if it had something to do with the 2 new medications I've started in the past 2 months.

UPDATE: Yep, one of the 2 new meds that I was taking was the culprit.

Oh, I got to share this story with all of you.

I sometimes still leak a little bit if I sneeze (one of the side effects of long labor and large baby).

So when I had to go to court last Friday, I decided to put an extra pair of underpants in my purse. I totally forgot about going through security at the court house. So I and my scooter went through a different line than the rest of the pe ople. However, my purse went through the regular line. They came and asked me about the wrench that I had in my purse. (Used when the docking device's bolts need tightening). I explained the reason for the socket wrench and didn't think anything else about it UNTIL---

In the middle of the night I realized that my underpants were ontop of the wrench in one of the zip pockets of my purse. When I got the purse back, the wrench was on top of my extra pair of underpanties. So the male security guard who was scanning people's purses, etc. had to have taken my underpants out of my purse to get to the socket wrench. Oh, I'm sooooo glad that I didn't realize this little fact when it happened. OMG, talk about life's embarrassing moments.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2008]
  3. fairqueen

fairqueen New Member

And I wonder if it IS the medication or fibro??? Mine just started about 6 weeks ago. I also have been weaned off of Klonopin (doc's idea) and don't know if that has anything to do with it.

It's a little embarassing, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Jan
  4. MusicTeacher

MusicTeacher New Member

I have had inco problems since all this recent illness began at the end of 2001. Can go days/weeks and be fine and then suddenly, out of the blue, big problems.

As a result I protect myself 24/7 which is a nuisance but better safe than sorry. Nonetheless I still manage to teach in a pretty public way and live a fairly normal life (as much as the auto-immune condition allows).

I've had loads of tests but they've not really come up with anything particularly helpful - tablets too but because it's not a regular problem they just made me feel really bad and didn't do much good, so my doc stopped them.

I have just resigned myself to saying it's all part of the "sickness".

Take care
    Music Teacher (UK)

5. towda

towda New Member

I have had this problem for quite a while especially when I sneeze. I have stress incontenience. Sometimes when I get the urge to go I can not hardly make it to the powder room in time. This mostly happens in winter months. Summer months are alot better unless Im in a bad flare. When these times happen I always wear pads just in case I sneeze or leak before I make it to the rest room. But that is not my only problem. My urine smells so bad when I go these periods. When this problem gets better so does the strong smell. I think I just have weak bladder muscles from an injury.
  6. wannaretire

wannaretire New Member

I wondered if I was really incontinent (sp?) or just from coughing so hard w/ a recent URI I caught, and, the strong smell, well, I wondered if it was due to the iron supps I recently began taking. Been since before New Years with this URI;still congested but cough less and the inco has improved. Unfortunately, not the odor. Hope you get better.
  7. swollen

swollen New Member

I could just use the wash room and then I sneeze or cough and there goes my clean clothes ,so I wear a pantyliner because I dont have menestration but I had a hysterectomy and when the cervix is taken out the small intestine falls inplace to support the bladder,other than that the bladder is on it's own. Thats my incontinence problem no bladder support,and I lately been taking it easy from a lot of sex since my small intestine is so close to my bladder. just recently in May I had a bad bladder infection.I hope an pray I have on panty liners at work cause me wetting my self will be embarrassing.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2008]
  8. charming

charming New Member

sometimes if i cough hard or if i bend down too fast
  9. star273

star273 New Member

Pose and Serenity Pads have become my best friends! I am only 36, who would have thought I would have to be wearing those? I find that when I am in more pain, I have a hard time holding my stomach in and my back hurts which in turn makes it hard to hold my bladder. Oh well, I guess its just one of the wonderful effects of FM.
  10. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I have that problem it seems be getting worse as soon as I get the urge I can't get to the bathroom fast enough it is really imbaraseing.
    I have not talked to the doc about it yet she can barley hadndle the fibro and now she tells me I probably have IBS and I don't think she knows how to treat that.

Teri
  11. Jayna

Jayna New Member

I used to think it was part of perimenopause and spent a lot of energy trying to do the correct Kegel exercise (which helped some, I think, with simple leaks).

But my real problem was that overwhelming urge to 'go', so strong that I sometimes didn't make it to the bathroom, or starting peeing before I got my clothes completely off.

Just last week, I finally googled this, and discovered that the overwhelming urge to go is often a result of a bladder spasm, like a muscle cramp. And getting up to rush to the bathroom is practically the worst thing I could do for that.

The real trick, apparently, is to distract myself from the urge until the spasm releases, and then I can walk calmly to the bathroom and get settled. I have only been trying the distraction etc for a few days, but I feel like I have a bit more control.
  12. steach

steach Member

I know that certain meds, especially narcotics, will lessen control over the body's muscle control, thus, causing this problem.

There are clinics where you could go to find out what is causing the problem- there could be several factors.

Steach
  13. Sunspot

Sunspot New Member

I'm 52 and have had urge incontinence for about 10 years... off and on.

It rarely happens when I'm around other people, for some reason. But I think it happens more often when I'm really wiped out. In other words, I think it's muscle weakness. Kegel exercises didn't seem to make a difference, although I'm sure it's still a good thing to do.
  14. rocketzandco

rocketzandco Moderator