Anyone having luck with Marshall Protocol

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, May 23, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Am thinking of trying this.

Thanks,
    Andrea
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

Marshall Protocol is a mixed bag of results like all other treatments. I know people that have done fabulous on it and I know people that had trouble with it and stopped. If you do decide to undertake it..you must go by the rules or it will never work...I mean wearing sun glasses in the grocery store....So many people try it thinking light is not that big an issue....believe me it is.

Best of health to you

jar
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

who did not respond to that survey at that site due to the way the questions were asked...

While I was doing better immediately, I was not far enough along to really answer the questions, at least the way they were worded. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt that way.

And again, of course it is not for everyone, there doesn't seem to be a magic bullet that works 100% for everyone so far ...

altho btw, there are have been some 'official' modifications for those who have had problems that seem to be working.

And of course not everyone has the ability to follow all the rules for one reason or another (I am not trying to imply anything negative by the way, I do understand that it's not possible for everyone to be able to do the light restriction successfully for instance).

Andrea, I suggest you go to the MP website, read everything you can there, read people's progress reports, etc., and fully familiarize yourself with it before you make a decision.

all the best,
    Victoria

4. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

thanks everyone for your posts.
  5. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

6. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

I'm on the Marshall Protocol and it is working. I'm going to start Phase 3 in a few weeks.

Everything Dr. Marshall said would happen has happened.

The Marshall Protocol is not a quick fix and it takes a strong minded person who is really motivated to get well. Don't go into it half-hearted. Also you will need the support of the people close to you because you will need someone to rund errands so you can stay inside out of the sun. Plus you are going to feel more tired.

You have to be willing to suffer from the herxing from the bacteria die off and it is constant. But gradually you will notice improvements.

People fail on the Marshall Protocol because they don't want to be compliant to the rules and they give up to soon and maybe they feel the extra suffering is not worth it.

Go to the Marshall Protocol website ask lots of questions. Read progress reports and then decide for yourself if you have the stuff to did what is required.

People are recovering on the Marshall Protocol it just takes time. But what else do we have when were sick with FM or CFS. I'm spending my time healing. It has been an interesting and enlightening journey and one I would do again in a heartbeat.

Take care
    Judy