Anyone having success with Marshall Protocol?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bisou-mom, Aug 31, 2005.

1. bisou-mom

bisou-mom New Member

I am considering doing it, and found a site where everyone posted that it nearly killed them.

For CFS and FM, that is.

Anybody?
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I have found a good bit of success, enough to make it worthwhile - got rid of what was becomig quickly crippling arthritic pain in my hips, have also had to lower thyroid meds. This is the first time I have ever herxed to anything as well, so yes I do believe something is going on.

My personal progress has been slower than most just because of other life events getting in the way of my progress, but I am still sticking to it.

There are people from here who have had success with it as well, look at the marshallprotocol.com site for those doing the full protocol... you probably won't see recent updates on them as they go on to the second phase, as that is a private area (they don't want people to jump the gun and start it too soon).

Like ANY protocol, there are some that it does NOT work for.

AND this is an experiment, IMO a reasonable one for me to participate in. The doctor that is overseeing me is at Emory U. clinics, has some otheres on it as well. But it may not be for you depending on your other health issues. We're all different in exactly how these DDs express themselves.

Put 'marshall protocol' in title search up above, you will find posts about it here from the past as well.

all the best,
    Victoria
  3. Banka8

Banka8 New Member

Hi Bisou-Mom,

I'm on the Marshall Protocol. I can't tell you that it has cured me yet because it takes a couple years to achieve a cure.
    However I am having slow resolution of my symptoms. I am confident that the Marshall Protocol is going to work and it has given me hope for a brighter future.

Who are these people that say they almost died from the MP?
    What website are you talking about? I'd like to read the stories.

If you are interested in the MP come to the website and read everyones posts. That will give you a better understanding of what is going on. We are all candid about our symptoms and our progress.

The Marshall Protocol is serious. It takes time and commitment and following the guidelines.

There are many protocols out there it is up to you to make the decision which one to follow.

But I want to say that you shouldn't let anyone discourage you by quoting studies of vitamin D restriction. It's easy to throw that information out there. Remember the news media and medical professionals are on a vitamin D kick. It's been the pet rock of the supplements this summer. Don't start supplementing with vitamin D unless you get your levels tested because to much vitamin D can be toxic.

Take care and I hope to see at the MP website.

Judy
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

that while I have read other's accounts of why the MP didn't work for them, many/most of them didn't follow it exactly, which is why they may (read "probably") have had problems.

Some others have followed it, but still had problems.

these accounts are found on other lists at yahoo etc.

I don't think there's a "one silver bullet" that will work for ALL of us, regardless.

all the best,
    Victoria
  5. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I have been working with the marahall protocol for a little less then a year and there is no doubt I'm going in the right direction. I've had major amounts of herxing from so much bacteria dying off in my system so it is not a cake walk.
    I agree as mentioned above it is not for everyone either your body can tolerate it or it can't. I know one patient that has been on the protocol longer then me and her life has been turned around. She is running around redecorating her home and is doing everything she has blown off for years due to her illness.
    So you will hear negative stories but there are plenty of people making progress with it even though it is a slow process.
    Jar
  6. jami117

jami117 New Member

I have been avoiding vitamin D for about two weeks. I am using cheap sunglasses which block 100 percent of both UV rays. I keep all D out of my diet. I turned the brightness down on both tv and computer, I put low wattage bulbs in my lamps, and I try not to go outside at all during daylight. I chose this approach to save money until I saw if I noticed any changes.

I have seen enough changes that I intend to get the proper sunglasses and begin the actual protocol. My body feels as if I'm finally on the right track. The scientific explanation also sounds most like it would address what I've always believed to be my underlying problem.

I'm trying not to get too excited about it - but am more optomistic than I have been in years.

Bless us all so we can get better and get back out there helping others in any way we can!!

Jami