Anyone hear abont KATRENA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sandy1, Oct 11, 2005.

1. sandy1

sandy1 New Member

Hi all I don't post very often anymore,thought I'd tell you
    about Huracaines K&R. You know how a drop in barometic
    pressure can causea flare. You know that huracaines are a big Low pressure. Well let me tell you about surviving the
    Katrinia. We live in Covington La.,about 40 miles North of New Orleans. We evacuated due to wind and trees! Pluss I can't survive with out air conditioning.I've never had such pain And with all the stress I've now in a relapse.
    I took all my meds., got good sleep but back came "THE FLU"
    the cold sweats,weak muscles,headach- you know the list!
    I'm slowly getting better but what a scare. Can't help wondering if my meds even work, so depresed ,and exhusted.
  2. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I can not imagine what king of ordeal you and all the other people that have been effected by the Hurricanes. I know this may sound petty because I live far away from the Hurricane area so I was not effected in the same way but as my husband says, I have a very sensative soul. During all the TV coverage of the hurricane damage I became literly sick and had to stop watching TV. I was crying all the time and so depressed by seeing all the families that were hit and then when I heard of the children that were separated from their families, that almost killed me. I just kept thinking of all the little ones that and what they have seen and how those horrible images will be in their little heads for the rest of their lives, it just broke my heart.

I really do not mean to sound like I suffered anything like you did or like anyone else that lives there but I don't think I have ever had anything impact my life as much as that.

My heart aches for you and your family and your friends that have been scarred by this and I will continue to pray for all of you and I hope that the nation will show compasion for all the hurricane victims.

Lets all pray for the children to come through this as stronger human beings and I have a feeling that as they grow up that this experience that they have lived through will make them more compasionate and stronger as adults.

God Be With All the Victims of the Hurricanes of 2005,
    Grandma6

As for the rest of us, Let's Count Our Blessings for what we have.
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

Last year in Florida I had several flares during the busy hurricane season -- although none of the storms directly crossed our path. So I think the pressure changes can and do cause problems.

My thoughts are with you re: Katrina. I grew up in N.O., so I have been trying to track down my friends there. Fortunately, all were safe, if some minor wind damage (and loss of jobs). My college roommate and I talked on the phone shortly after...then a few days later, she had to evacuate for Rita. She and her family were all right (again, some minor wind damage), but another friend's brother in Lake Charles lost his house (and this guy's in-laws had lost their house in Metairie during Katrina).

The whole region is in shock.
  4. minxlinx

minxlinx New Member

Hiya Sandy. You can't be too far from me, because I'm in Covington too. We also evacuated for Katrina, and stayed for Rita. The only damage we had are lots of downed trees, none of which hit the house, and ruined flower beds.

I've been bad too the last month or so. Hopefully the weather will change a bit so I can feel better for a while. I don't remember what that's like anymore!

Glad to see someone so close to me.

Hugs,
    Ariel
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Hi from another Sandy. Thoughts and prayers for you today. It broke my heart to see what happened in New Orleans. You have been through a BIG trauma and its going to take awhile for you to get over. My fibromyalgia always gets worse after very stressful, traumatic times. It will settle down again. Just gets lots of rest and wait it out.

HUGS TO YOU:
    Sandyz
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

How did Covington fare throughout Katrina and Rita? I'm almost afraid to ask ... have connections with a horse breeding farm located there and I am truly concerned about it.

I'm sorry you are still battling the effects of the hurricanes. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for your speedy flare recovery.

Elsa