Anyone Hear About the Patricia Kane Protocol?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by chaps, Apr 17, 2010.

1. chaps

chaps New Member

I heard that it involved I.V.s of phosphatidyl choline, which pushes its way into cells and pushes out viruses and bacteria and supposedly works against Lyme.

Does anyone know much about this?
  2. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Funny thing I was just talking to someone from a company that is offering adult stem cell typeof treatment in the US and he mentioned this protocol )Patrician Kane's- he said she was in the Northeast or east coast?

I'd like to learn more about this since I've had drastic reactions to herbs as well as medication.-Please let me know if you learn more. Where did you hear about it?
  3. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

I'll pose this question on these forums since I'm interested too.
  4. chaps

chaps New Member

I was calling homeopaths to see if they treated Lyme. I came across a physician who said that she is not well versed in Lyme, but had a patient who had Lyme for 18 years before it was diagnosed. This patient had gone through all of the trial and error of all the available treatments, abx, natural, whatever and the PK was what worked best for her. Since she found what worked, she was using this physician to administer the IVs. This physician then told me that the patient welcomes calls from other patients wanting to know about it and with the patient's permission, gave me her phone number. When I spoke to her, she told me that the PK protocol is an IV of phosphatidyl choline and glutathione, which push into the cell and push out viruses and bacteria. She said that this treatment has made her feel great in terms of energy and such. The problem is that she had Lyme for so long, that it caused neurological problems which inhibit her ability to walk without a walker--balance and coordination problems. If it weren't for the permanent neuro damage, she says that she feels completely well.

This patient also advocates a high alkaline diet and cat's claw.

Now you know everything I know about the Patricia Kane protocol. I'm certainly going to look further into it.
  5. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

what did it heal /reverse for her in terms of feeling completely well now- curious on that -does she have to continue the treatment ongoing to get the benefits?
  6. chaps

chaps New Member

She is more or less in maintenance mode, going for periodic IVs.

It kind of took the wind out of my sails when I spoke to another person last night who is a member of a local support group. He's tried the phospatidyl choline and it didn't work as well for him.

At this point, I'm coming to the conclusion that if you really want to knock this thing into remission, there may be no avoiding the aggressive abx treatment.

That is, unless someone can convince me otherwise.
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

That's what is so frustrating about Lyme and the other co-infections and all the stealth bacteria and viruses... many don't get well with the agressive abx either.

Bottom line is I think you just have to do review everything, discuss with doctor(s), etc. and then make a list of treatment to try in a numerical order, but let it be changeable depending on what happens.

No magic bullets yet, sigh. What have you decided to do?

all the best,
    Victoria
  8. chaps

chaps New Member

I've made an appointment with an LLMD with lots of experience treating Lyme aggressively with abx. As much as I hate putting abx in my body, most of the input I've received point to it as the most widely effective treatment.

Sure, I'd love to try all the alternatives first, but who has the money and the time to stab around in the dark trying this, trying that, and maybe making the Lyme stronger in the process.

I know that there are those for whom abx did not work, but that begs the obvious questions, such as who were the doctors, how much experience did they have, did they follow the protocol to the letter....etc. There's no way to know if the variables were the same.

I can tell you one thing, I'm getting tired of not knowing which way to jump. This one says, this doesn't work, that one says, that doesn't work, another one says, no that doesn't work. The different things work for different people aspect of this disease are what make it a real bastard.

The worst thing is to do nothing, so unless I come up with a better idea before my appointment with the LLMD comes due, then that's what I'm going to do. I hope and pray that it's the right thing.
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

and I hope it works for you too. My son got his dx at 17, and did 3.5 years of oral abx, he chose not to do IV. Not sure if it was the right decision. He still has lingering effects not resolved totally, & is on disability. Right now he has chosen to use MMS even tho it it doesn't help lyme or bartonella or babesia... but hoping it will clear up whatever else might be lingering since he never took any anti-virals.

I chose the Marshall Protocol cuz I knew I couldn't do all the abx, plus I fit the profile on the tests they recommend. I have gotten some lasting effects, but have had life interferences... so never completed all the phases. That said, I'm starting over, yet again. I do know people who have gotten better with this.

No matter the protocol, there is always a group that it has worked for without having to do any other.

But it seems like most I've tracked/talked to over the years end up doing more than one thing, no matter what they do first. Perhaps for most of us that IS the only way... going back to the "peeling off the layers of an onion" analogy.

Keep us posted as to how you do?
    all the best,
    Victoria

10. chaps

chaps New Member

The Marshall Protocol seems to be controversial with its inherent risks from the early things I've read about it.

Where would one find practicing phyisicians who treat with this protocol?
  11. victoria

victoria New Member

If you go to their site marshalprotocol.com and register, they do have a forum for where/how to find doctors.

Yes, it's controversial... but so is everything for Chronic Lyme as you know. Many people have had problems with the aggressive abx, many have had problems with herbal approaches, etc. Same can probably be said about protocols for practically any chronic illness since most don't seem to be anywhere near fully understood.

You can read some articles here:
    http://synergyhn.com/

all the best,
    Victoria

12. victoria

victoria New Member

you can go here...
    http://www.lymebook.com/marshall-protocol

to read a partial easy to read explanation given by Brian Rosner, from his book 'Top 10 Treatments for Lyme"