Anyone hear of Bob Barefoot?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lmn, Feb 18, 2003.

1. lmn

lmn New Member

I caught an infomerical where he was touting his brand of coral calcium. Sounded like a miracle drug after hearing some of the testimonials. Is his stuff any different, or better than the coral calcium found at Pro Health? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to try it, but I'm not sure which to buy.
    Thanks.
    lmn

Never mind.......just read munchkin's post. Thanks anyway!![This Message was Edited on 02/18/2003]
  2. Frogdogger

Frogdogger New Member

I'm still not sure about coral calcium. I, too, am ready to order some new calcium and was going to order from Natures Health, but now I'm not sure what kind to get?
  3. cgrymm

cgrymm New Member

I have seen this mentioned numerous times on this website and have also seen his infomercial, so I decided to do some research myself.Go into your search engine and type in Quackwatch and sites full of info on the newest scams come up and this is #1 on the list. It will give you the full explaination and cite many references as to why this is a rip-off. We really have to be careful so we don't get suckered into things that give us false hope and take our money. Chris M.
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

of info on the Coli..duh Silver that's being touted. Check it out.
    We need to at least have info like this to make our own decisions. Hugs, Bambi
  5. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

seem to not believe in alternatives!! I have been taking coral calcium for months and feel soooo much better. Dont knock it until you try it. It is NO a scam and neither corlideral (sp)silver. Also if you have ever listened to Bob Barefoots tape you would under stand more about it. Go to coral calcium and do research on it. As far as messing with the coral reefs, that is also on the tape!!! ot to worry. The coral calcium that you hear so much wrong doings is the ones tat are saying its like Bob Barefoots and its NOT. Also if you are going to a pc they of course wont let on that is good for you. My doctor had a fit when I told him, That I was takig it. Said we dont need calcium after the age of 32. My alternative doctor said it was great that I was taking it. Please do a search on it and also get the tape. You will understand so much more. We cant always go by what others say. Good luck
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Take what you read at Quack Watch with a grain of salt. Colloidal silver IS effective against pathogens if the particles of silver are small enough. One of our members was able to clear up a fungus in her swimming pool which had been resistant to other treatments. It was suggested by her pool man. Dr. Nicolson recommends it alongside the antibiotics for mycoplasma infections. Silver nitrate, which was formerly used by doctors for infections, is often confused with colloidal silver. Silver nitrate is the one with the side effects. Also, you could not afford enough colloidal silver to turn you blue. It's safe in recommended doses.

Quack Watch also pooh poohs zappers, but there is a real scientific explaination for how they work. The theory behind their efficiency is real. I get rid of viruses very rapidly if I use my zapper early on, while my neighbors are coughing and sneezing and feeling crappy for two weeks. I had a fungus in my toenails as is common down here in this humid climate. After using the zapper, I could see a line across all my nails where healthy new growth was appearing. The infected nails grew out and I am now free of the nail fungus.

I always welcome and encourage dissenting views, but always question the agendae of the person or persons providing the criticism of treatments.

If a treatment works for me, I don't care if it's a placebo effect or what the people at Quack Watch are saying. I am only interested in results.

Love, Mikie
  7. HealthMiser

HealthMiser New Member

If you want to hear the tape go to: www.coral1.com
    i found it there and plenty of good information there.
  8. lmn

lmn New Member

that even if coral calcium doesn't help, it won't hurt?
    That's probably my main concern. I'll take it for a while and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then I've wasted some money, but I don't want to further my health problems.
    lmn