Anyone heard from Orachel?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LollieBoo, Sep 27, 2005.

1. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I know she had quite a crisis, and I've worried for her...
    she hasn't posted for several days...

Lollie
  2. suzetal

suzetal New Member

wondering the same thing.

In one of her post she said she had step children coming to her house.Hope shes just busy.

Sue
  3. ckk

ckk New Member

guys didnt she mention that she was moving across country and that she could be monitor for prayer in a few weeks when she came back but you would have to give her some time 'cause she didnt know how long it would take her? i think i remember something like that.
    ckk
  4. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I was wondering about her too. I really miss her posts. You could see her personality in them and she was very passionate. Hope she comes back soon! Lynn
  5. orachel

orachel New Member

Ok, so I haven't had much time to be on lately, but you have noooo idea how good it is to bop on for a second and see all you wonderful people wishing good schtuff for me! I just called my husband in here to see, and am about to bawl because I've been so psycho busy and wrapped up, and its so nice to see my support system hasn't forgotten all about me! LOL By way of letting you know I am aok and somewhat back to my normal self, I've taken the liberty of writing my typical "book length" post updating any who are interested in why I've been somewhat missing in action...

Here's the lowdown...as most of you know, I had the nutty neuro crisis that led to nasty er experience, which led to me having my godmother come via bus from pennsylvania to stay with me and hubby briefly to "babysit" me to make sure nutty neuro issues wouldn't become safety issues. Whew! That same day I had a blow out with my PCP of 2 yrs who hadn't seen me or been updated on my care in 2 mos, who decided that my only issues were psychological...no need whatsoever for any medical care or neurologist. That didn't make me feel great, especially as those little doubts do begin to creep in to your head as you're doing and saying crazy stuff.

Then all of you wonderful people figured out the problem (vast majority of...still have bigtime fog!) with my major neuro symptoms was provigil, or provigil mixed with elavil. So, stopped both of those, and feeling much better. And determined to get back at evil pcp one way or another...was vastly insensitive of him to behave that way with little to no knowledge of my current medical condition. I'll figure something out, but he will certainly be made aware of the fact that his "vast" medical training was 100% wrong, and a bunch of non-physicians (you guys!) who are proactive in their health care managed to figure out the problem when he was just plain flat out wrong. And a jerk! LOL

In meantime, Godmother arrived to (ahem!) take care of me...over a few days it became apparent that her live in boyfriend (which me and rest of family always knew was bad bad news!) of 6 years was really quite abusive, emotionally and physically. So, we're (hubby and I) trying to talk her into moving in with us to save her from awful situation, when hubby realizes that he mixed up the dates, and our closest "couple" friends who live in boston are coming to spend saturday night....on saturday afternoon! Hubby thought it was the following weekend, so then ensued wacky cleaning, food shopping, etc, because not only are our favorite couple coming in for the 1st time in over a year, they are bringing with them 2 other couples from our area who also want to spend little time with them until they go back to Boston. AARGH!! So, now its a full blown dinner party! Me and my sick self trying with godmother (who's also disabled due to arm and back pain), and husband to get whole house fabulous in 4 hours...plus put out food drink Tuscan feast for 9 people...all in 4 hours...yowza.

We managed to pull it off, though by the time they arrived I'd pushed myself physically so much that I was nearly physically and medically comatose. We then learn that between my husband and friend's husband, they've managed to get totally confused and friends are not staying saturday night and leaving early sunday morning...they're staying whole weekend and leaving monday afternoon. OY. Great time had by all, but the big excitement of the weekend was watching me try to play "BALDERDASH", which is a game of little known words and definitions. Now, I was an english major at ucla, and ususally clean up in that game, but the fog set in bigtime and I was just ridiculous. They finally left for home, and while I was thrilled to see them, I'd pushed myself so hard while they were staying with us to be cheery and upbeat and "normal", when I was feeling crummy, that I crashed physically bigtime.

Then, as if all of this drama isn't enough...Godmother (who I love to pieces, but this ongoing saga with awful boyfriend was getting a little old...leave him or don't, ya know?! We'd all been trying to get her to move out of terrible situation for years!) finally decides to move out of awful household with awful boyfriend...all the way in awful pennsylvania! So, next few days are alternating with her having various mental breakdowns over loss of this wretched man (she's leaving, she's going back, etc), and husband and I figuring out how to get truck etc to move her out of home in pennsylvania, and into our house. So, that all took place yesterday...us traveling to PA to clean out her belongings while awful abusive boyfriend (thankfully!!) sleeps thru the whole thing. Then there was a trip to PA traffic court because godmother has ongoing traffic violation issue...just a big ole mess, all the way around! Upwards of 8 hours of driving, plus lots of moving schtuff and emotional upheaval to deal with just took it all out of me. That's more than I can do in the average week!

So, between godmother's issues (and though I love her dearly, there are many many issues! LOL) and husband being on vacation this week (thank goodness, or we'd never have been able to move her out!), and me being a big physical mess over last few days and FORCING myself to keep on trucking to get done what needs done...I haven't had a whole lot of mental or physical energy to hop on here and chat with you all who literally are keeping me sane between awful pain and exhausion...and the mayhem that has replaced my usually peaceful home.

So, today I'm feeling wretched but trying to get some medical stuff together...must find new PCP to replace awful evil one, must find neurologist who can make sure there's nothing physically wrong with me (after last weeks trip to er, I'm just not convinced), must find new neuropsychiatrist (who does paper testing to measure my "brain fog" that has come on so fast and furious) because the one I was scheduled to see doesn't take my insurance...and finally must find attorney to take care of my issues with UNUM Provident, who still are stalling in approving my short term disability claim though they have info from 7 doctors and physical therapists, etc...It's been over 3 months of fighting with them, and we desperately need the money (godmother is wonderful, but she's another mouth to feed and has no income whatsoever...and we were stretched financially to the breaking point before all this!)....

This has been the update on my crazy nutty existance over the last week or so! So haven't been on here much at all with so much going on. I hopped on here today to check out their legal advice section to help me find an attorney to take on the evil UNUM Provident short term disability yahoos. But, then I say all of your lovely posts, and just wanted to let you all know that I'm hanging in...and would be spending much more time here if I had any to spare! I miss all of your sparkling personalities, and hopefully all will "normalize" a bit over the next week or so. Hubby currently has house all torn apart trying to fit in a weeks worth of home improvements (why he took vacation in the 1st place!) into 2 days that he has left after dealing with godmother saga. And all of her earthly belongings are currently stuffed into every crevice and corner of our home until we figure out what the heck to do with all of it. What a wild wild ride this world is, huh?

But wanted to let you all know I'm ok, household is permanantly 1 person larger, and will be back soon to check on how all of you are doing. Till then I wish you all many hugs, and hope you're all doing well!!

Wish me luck on lawyer front...if I can just get this st disability nonsense straightened out, I will have much more breathing room, and will allow more time to devote to my health and wellness...

Big hugs, and thanks for the concern!!

Rachel
  6. orachel

orachel New Member

see that I'm back and hanging in there. Last thing any of us need is more worry in our lives. Thanks!
  7. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Wow and I thought I had alot going on!! Sounds like your godmother has a common problem. I have a friend who does the same thing in the man dept. I think it all boils down to self esteem. She doesn't think she deserves or can get a good guy even though she is successful and gorgeous.

Happy to see you back on line. It's hard when you get to know people through the posts and they just disappear. You can't pick up the p[hone like you would a friend.

Make sure you take the time for yourself. Glad to see you are feeling better. Lynn
  8. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

As if you haven't had enough going on in your life! I hope it helps you to have to focus on other things, but do take time for yourself... and stand firm with your godmother. Remind her every time she wavers in her decision that NO ONE deserves to be treated that way- and that once he ever laid a hand on her, he had no right to expect she would ever talk to him again. She doesn't have to explain herself or justify herself. No one who has suffered abuse should pacify their abuser with answers to anything. SHE has the upper hand now and can keep it always by refusing to succumb. (Sorry for the diatribe, but I have a long personal history!)

As for you, I am so glad that the crazy symptoms you had been experienced dissipated once you got medications straightened out. How very astute of you and your loved ones on this board to have pegged that right on!

As for me, I just had a neurologist tell me that she KNOWS that I have no neurological abnormalities, based upon her initial examination 4 weeks ago (at the time, she noticed tremors, prominent left-sided weaknes and incoordination!), and an MRI/MRA series that she'd ordered based upon her findings. So now she's willing to stake MY life on her extremely brilliant diagnostic skills that can assess my entire nervous system at a glance! She's fabulous! I asked about further testing, besides looking at my brain, because the symptoms really bother me and I'd had another doctor in her same hospital note that the disorder causing many other problems in my system (small-vessel vasculitis affecting capillaries) could be present in my CNS, but would not be visible on an MRI or an MRA (You'd actually have to do a spinal tap and a brain biopsy- still 25% chance of false negative!). She said, "I'm SURE you don't have that. You just need to reduce your stress."

I know you don't know me that well (obviously- we've never even met!), but I am SO not a stressful person! I meditate, do yoga, practice mindfulness, go to counseling sessions weekly with my wonderful, nutty, half-psycho-herself counselor and have put into place so many mechanisms to maintain my diplomacy and calm in all situations. I've always been that way. I'm a Virgo with a Libra Moon, and a "Rabbit" in Chinese Astrology-- I exude peacefulness. Until the smug neuro-nazi said that BS.

HOWEVER- We had spoken b4 about pain docs... I LOVE mine- he is such a doll and very supportive- he's helped to put a lot of stuff together for me. Yesteday, I had a ? and called his nurse. HE called me back to discuss a resolution. Big deal for me with all of the run-arounds other docs have been giving me!

Anyway, I am so glad to hear from you and hope your chaos mellows out so you can focus more on you. Best of luck on your ST Disability fiasco. Insurance companies can be so backwards sometimes... I think instead of chosing insurance based on the lowest rates, maybe we should ask how we will be treated in the eventuality that it is needed!

I missed your posts while you were gone. You (and several others here on this board!) are always so positive and upbeat- it keeps me grounded and centered- focused on maintaining the best mental attitude in spite of (or because of!) this DD!

Take Care!!
    -Lollie
  9. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I've missed you, Rachel. It sounds like you need a break from everything! Can you just rest for a few days?

Here's a big hug!

Love,

Francie
  10. jaltair

jaltair New Member

Good to see you post again! I'm so sorry that you have had such a really BAD time of late . . your Godmother was coming to take care of you and help out, and it seems that it went the other direction. Please get rested and return with your interesting posts!

Warm wishes and hugs, Jeannette
  11. jennypee

jennypee New Member

Somehow I missed this post the other day and thought you were still MIA. I'm bumping in case anyone else missed it and is worried.
  12. orachel

orachel New Member

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello. Another crazy weekend on my end, but hey...who wants "normal" anyway, right?

Lollieboo...Isn't great how these docs are willing to stake "OUR LIVES" on their "opinions"??????? Who the heck are these people, and I'm thinkin they got in line a couple or 12 times when the "higher ups" (whatever you believe! LOL) were passing out EGO...sheesh!!!

Riley...miss your posts too...

Hoping to have more time soon, but still trying to get all straightened out with new doc issues. Godmother seems to be settling in, and we might have finally gotten all of her stuff straightened out....Wish me luck all (I'd say wish "break a leg", but with my health, I'd probably actually break it!) as I'm supposed to find out once and for all abt my ST disability benefits. Things are getting MIGHTY tight around the pocketbook, so that would be an immense blessing.

I hope you guys (and anyone else out there) are doing well and hanging in...I'm trying to steal a bit more time for myself this week, so hopefully I can catch up on what's going on in your lives!

Miss all! Hugs!
    Rachel
  13. orachel

orachel New Member

Keep seeing these worried posts! LOL I never felt so loved and worried about other than my husband! I'm hanging in all, and will hopefully have more "me" time very very soon.

Miss you all!!

Rachel
  14. orachel

orachel New Member

thanks all!