Anyone heard of 024 Fibromyalgia treatment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Nov 15, 2005.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

I was just sent this by another Fibro sufferer. Does anyone know anything about it? Heck I would need a bathtub full to reach all my spots! Ha. I am not sure how it works, have to read it again.
    We get so many claims that makes us cynical , or at least it does that for me! I guess with the spray we could reach our backs some what?

Any info appreciated.
    ======================================================
    Dear Readers,

The National Fibromyalgia Association is very proud to announce that the first over-the-counter product clinically shown to help relieve the pain of FM, 024 Fibromyalgia, is also the first product to receive the NFA’s Seal of Approval.

This topical analgesic, which can be applied with palm-sized moistened towelettes or with a spray, is now available in more than 10,000 of the nation’s top pharmacies, including Sav-On, Rite-Aid, and Long’s.

Swiss Medica, the maker of 024 Fibromyalgia, has launched a comprehensive sampling program, making samples of the towelettes available to FM patients and medical professionals. This program will provide health professionals with sample dispensers for their offices, so patients can try 024 Fibromyalgia in the privacy of their own homes. It will also allow patients to obtain samples independently.

The NFA has witnessed many inspiring benchmarks since its inception. Every news story about fibromyalgia is an important benchmark. Each Awareness Day is an exciting benchmark. When Barnes and Noble agreed to sell Fibromyalgia AWARE, it was a thrilling benchmark. The development of 024 Fibromyalgia, its receipt of our Seal of Approval, and its sale from the shelves of major pharmacies across the country is another major benchmark.

A doctor once said to me that when treatments for FM become available, that would prove to the medical community and the community at large that fibromyalgia does exist. We believe that 024 Fibromyalgia is an important step down the road of raising awareness of fibromyalgia, and helping patients find treatment options that will allow them to reclaim their lives from the pain of FM.

Wishing you good health,

Lynne Matallana

2. sues1

sues1 New Member

SKYE........I also just noticed it advertized at the top of the page of our posts! They're selling it from our store.
    I am going to see what they have to say about it.

Since I was told that it just came out and was new, I assumed that there was no discussion on it yet. I do check searches often, but not always.
    You are so kind and helpful. I am glad you're here with us! Blessings,.......Susan
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The National Fibromyalgia Assn. website, you can sign up to receive a free sample of it. Just keep clicking on the 024 FMS graphic and it will eventually bring up the page for your info to ship to you.

Because it contains botanical extracts, it should not be used by those on the Guai tratment.

Love, Mikie
  4. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I'm not on the Guai protocol, so I'm hoping this will help some! Thanks for the info!! PG
  5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

and the smell was too overpowering for me, it didn't work as well for the pain as the icey hot gel does.
  6. sues1

sues1 New Member

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES..
    I reading more about it I think there is a couple of things in it that would affect my allergies..by the smell. I will
    get a sample to see........
  7. adberens

adberens New Member

I thought it helped but the smell was so overpowering I only use it at last resort.

Ardy
  8. WhoKnowsWhy

WhoKnowsWhy New Member

Listen,

I'm not sure how many folks have tried this yet, but if you haven't I'd suggest you try this stuff out. The stuff works as well as claimed! Usually within 15 Minutes my pain is gone.

I happen to like the smell and it does fade on my body in about 45 minutes, but for those that simply don't like the candy cane smell, here are some pointers. I've posted the text below at another site and thought folks here may want to read it as well.

Well, it's no secret that O24 (both the Regular Pain Neutralizer and likely the Fibro Formula) has an initial smell. I will admit that even though I happen to like that candy cane smell, others may not. From a call to the companies customer service line, I found out that they've have tried to "tweek" the formula several times in the past in an effort to reduce the peppermint smell. The problem was that each time they did, the pain relieving capability of the formula was reduced. Needless to say, they kept to the best pain reliveing mixture and moved on.

My friend that originally turned me on to O24 told me the following, hope this helps some of you.

#1 If you're using one of the companies wipes (not the spray bottle), it would be recomended to discard of the towelette and the wrapper adequately after use, because they continue to smell in the garbage and you may think it is you but it's really not. The spray bottle does not have this problem for obvious reasons.

#2 You can take a bath or shower after putting it on as it gets absorbed into the body rather quickly and does NOT remain on the surface of your skin. You can wash off any skin smell that may bother you without interfering with the product once absorbed into the skin.

As far as I can tell, after the first 30-45 minutes, the product takes on a slightly different smell on each person, sort of like perfume. On me, the pepperment smell changes over to what I believe smells like Rosemary, a much less potent smell.

I would encourage you guys to try this product as it's really helped with my pains. Good Luck