Anyone heard of Frequency Specific Microcurrent treatment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by pepper, Oct 27, 2006.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

I can only find one item in the search and that person hasn't been on the board for 2 yrs.

I have terrible back pain and my CFS doctor told me that many of his patients were getting pain relief using this treatment.

There are no practitioners here so I would have to stay with my DH's sister and her husband in order to have this done. I wonder if it would be worth it.

Has anyone here tried it? Did it help at all?

Thank you for any replies.
    Pepper
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

Sounds like you are describing a Rife Machine. Do a search and see if that sounds like what he was talking about. My doctor also suggested a Rife. I've never tried one. Some people use what they call a "Zapper". Not sure it is frequency specific, but still give a zap. Hope this helps some.
  3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

can you plese tell us more about this? I also wonder if you are talking about a "Rife Machine" or something else. My hairdresser uses a Rife machine and always tells me I should try it, but to me it sounds too bizare. She said she uses it to get rid of colds, flu, bacteria, viruses etc. Don't know if she ever uses it for pain relief.

I have always thought that this Rife machine idea was crap, but I recently got an excellent book called Chronic Fatigue Unmasked 2000 by a Dr.Poesnecker, and in one part he has good things to say about the Rife machine. so ...?????

It all gets so confusing, doesn't it.
    If you try the treatment you were posting about, I hope it helps you!
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

I don't think that my CFS doctor is talking about a Rife machine or a zapper. I googled it last night and wondered the same thing myself. But it seems different.

There are only 1000 people trained in using this machine, most of them in the U.S. There are a few here in Canada.

It seems to be used for pain management as opposed to the other conditions that the Rife machine and zapper are used for. The main web site says that it is very successful at treating chronic myofascial pain - which so many of us here have.

Does anyone else know about these treatments?

Thanks

Pepper
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is more than one kind. I went to an FMS seminar at our local hosp. and they talked about one which uses a "healing" frequency. Some had been helped by using it on their tender spots. This is a whole different thing than the TENS units used to disrupt pain signals. Same company makes them, though.

Love, Mikie
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

I have a TENS machine but my doctor told me not to use it on FM. I have no idea why but have not use it since I got sick.

A TENS machine is easy to use but this FSM supposedly requires a lot of training and there are only 1000 people qualified to do it. I wonder why more practitioners aren't trained in it if it is that successful in treating pain.

I will google this with TENS and see what happens.

Thanks, Mikie.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

A little more research might turn up a lot of info for you. I hope so.

Love, Mikie
  8. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I didn't seem to do me much good. It costs me in co-pays and by the time it was over, I still owed over $800 in what the insurance didn't pay.

At first I thought it was working, but I now believe it was just the suggestive thinking that worked.

Do a search for for "microcurrent" by "title", I just did and there's lots of info. there, some of it not too old. Just a suggestion.

Charlotte
  9. pepper

pepper New Member

I am researching. I am sorry that it didn't work for you, Charlotte. The power of suggestion can be a very strong thing and we have to watch out for that, don't we?

Pepper
  10. coaster14

coaster14 New Member

Hello, I have used Frequency Specific Microcurrent for chronic pain. (neck, jaw) It actually does seem to help. (and not because I thought it would....because I didn't)
    It is Not the same as TENS. I tried that and it made my symptoms worse. Were you looking for a doctor in Michigan? It is also supposed to help with Fibro. Can give you more info. if you'd like.
    Coaster14

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 06/15/2007</i>]
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 06/15/2007</i>]
  11. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

i went to a naturopathic physician who used really high powered sophisticated Rife machines on me--it was like a miracle--i was not cured by boy oh boy--did it help my circulation,liver, systemic yeast, and hormonal problems....it is so confusing because as a layperson i am confused as to which ones to buy--and i heard there is a lot of deception out there and counterfit machines--many practitioners are not even aware of what these machines can do.... i can't believe this one helped my memory almost return to normal and balanced by hormones, got rid of migraines.....this naturopath was knew a lot about the body but she was a manipulator and i believe she used me in many ways and took advantage of my being sick.....i had it out with her and will not go back----and now i don't know where to find someone like her.....rife machines are illegal by fda in most states---of course i am not surprised---i believe they are suppressing very valuable information....i believe in california it is legal for practitioners to use them.. also many people have found them an almost cure for chronic lyme...

please anyone knowledgeable about this--help me understand it---suggest a decent machine---how does the machine help the neurol network in the brain? how does it erradicate burrowed yeast? how did it balance hormones and decongest a sluggish liver? how is it different than a zapper....please help me understand why this machine almost saved my life? and now i am sliding backwards by not using one....also her machines were like 30,000 dollars and tweeked by engineers who knew the programming on these machines and how to bump them up to provide even more level of healing. these machines are often used underground because they are scared of the fda---the more i get healed my alternative medicine--the more i see the forces that be having to supress vital treatments and knowledge for money and the big pharma machine having a vested interest in keeping people sick and toxic and addicted to pills and money making prescriptions......
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

I am looking for someone in Canada who can do this for me. I cannot find anyone near where I live so I would have to travel to have it done. I am wondering if it would be worth it.

If you have any more info, I would appreciate it!
    Love, Pepper
  13. pepper

pepper New Member

I am very interested in your experience with the rife machine. I have heard of several people having success with it in treating cancer but hadn't heard of it being used for these other things.

If you haven't found out the answers to your questions, maybe you should put up a separate post and see if anyone knows the answers.

When my BIL was dx with terminal cancer, I strongly suggested that he get a rife machine or find one to use because I had just read The Cancer Cure and was convinced that this would help. He refused and died. If I were him, I would have at least given it a try.

I have a very sluggish liver that no one can seem to help along with chronic candida that won't go away and crazy hormone problems. If a rife machine helps with these things, we should know about that!

Love, Pepper
  14. findmind

findmind New Member

Pepper, I just read about FSM and Dr. Starlanyl seems to endorse it!

I googled it; I'll try to find it again, and let you know what the site name is.

It is not a TENS or RIFE unit! They can be bought and used at home; the FSM treatments are mini-currents that work on the cellular level.

Will let you know, if you are still posting and do respond....

findmind
  15. jinlee

jinlee Member

i had it done by Carol McMakin who supposedly helped invent it. I had four sessions and they did not help for me but they do help for some.

They are kind of spendy but she said we would know in four treatments whether it was working and whether to continjue. So I did not have to spend big bucks as they were up front that we both agreed I was not responding.

You can google "Carol McMakin" and see if her website tells you anything that helps, such as who does the treatments in other places as she goes around the country training people. Also you can see if we are talking about the same thing.

GOod luck...

Jinlee.
  16. URparamount

URparamount New Member

I know this post I'm replying to is pretty old, but I can't stop myself from writing! There's so much confusion about Rife technology also called microcurrents. First, the zapper is for parasites, while a Rife machine is for tons of issues, and, parasites. The Rife machine would support the detoxification of the &quot;die-off&quot; from the killing of the parasites. We know diseased cells (and/or pathogens) have a different electrical frequency than our healthy cells. The same way an opera singer can shatter a glass by her note matching the frequency of the glass, the Rife energy machines match the frequencies of diseased cells or pathogens, shattering the cell wall. The Rife machine then has supportive frequencies to aid the body in detoxifying from the debris. It also improves the cell cycles to regenerate and clears out blockages in our body's electrical meridian pathways. It's also great for circulation, joint, tendon and muscle issues and a gazillion other things. We are an electrical being - we run on salt and water. Every minute thing that happens inside us relies on electricity, so the Rife machine helps &quot;tune&quot; us to our best working frequency. Although I do sell a Rife machine (that's what makes me knowledgeable) I've tried to leave that out of here, so I hope they post this - there's so much confusion out there and hyped-salespeople as well. I'm just straight and honest and want to help people get well and stay well.
  17. fred31m

fred31m New Member

I used a varizapper/gamma, and program driver Z736, caught it at an early stage, worked like a champ.&lt;BR&gt;
    This detoxed the eye from toxins created by detiorated blood vessles and stimulated nerve cells. I used it for a week straight, but I think this should only take three days.&lt;BR&gt;
    Everyone should have a rife or gamma generator. It would solve the health care problem we face today.&lt;BR&gt;
    Also worked for arthritis, herpes, all kinds of pain, more... havnt been sick since 1996. Very cool.
  18. campkapala

campkapala New Member

Do you still sell the Rife Machines? I am interested in purchasing one. How would I contact you? thank you
  19. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

Ive just had a quick butchers at the product, there is a demonstration on youtube, it did make me chuckle dont know how i feel about the gloves lol, that said i suppose its no more insane that sticking pads on ourselves and sending electrical currents through them, if it works it works right? &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    I have fibro and i do use my tens unit, took me two years to get a diagnosis so not knowing what was wrong with me other than &quot;i am in pain&quot; i would not of been without my tens helped me get to sleep many nights when pain was gnawing at me. It works well as a distraction. When i found out it was fibro, something id never heard of, and found out the brain is sending pain signals to the body, physiological wise i thought it made sense to attach two pads near my neck at the top of my shoulders to interrupt the brain signals coming down the spinal cord out to the peripherals and two at the base of my spine for those that had already made it down.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Oddly enough a couple of weeks ago on the resesrch papers on this website it had an article saying two units are better than one. Funny its not the first time ive read a research paper that suggests a discovery theyve made, that we all ready worked out for ourselves.&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    So the microcurrent unit does fall under the same category as tens from what ive read, but the current from the unit is a lower voltage claiming to affect ATP. It says it can manipulate the microcurrent for the condition, further reading says theres only two levels. For me the whole thing throws up more questions than it answers. Why dont they sell these units like they do the tens units if they are battery operated and would run on a lower voltage? &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Anyway here are 2 of the sites i checked, i googled what is the difference between a tens and a microcurrent, and microcurrent is it a scam?, something i always do to get a balanced view. Sceptics often look into data and may see things others dont. Overall the decision is always the individuals. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    http://www.frequencyspecific.com/faq.php&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    http://www.medicalproductsonline.org/whismi.html&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    http://scepticon.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/frequency-specific-microcurrent/&lt;BR&gt;

http://m.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/manualhealingandphysicaltouch/electromagnetic-therapy

http://www.quackwatch.org/04ConsumerEducation/News/rife.html

&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    thank you for raising this topic, id never heard of this device, or a rife, there are so many on the market now like the alpha stim etc. &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Ameile
    &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;[&lt;i&gt;This Message was Edited on 04/12/2013&lt;/i&gt;]
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 04/12/2013</i>]