Anyone heard of MSM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Sep 22, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

My grandaughter and stopped at a yard sale today and there was a book on Fibro, I asked the lady and she she she had it.

She said MSM really helped her. I could really talk too much because the dentures ao I didn't ask a lot of questions.

She still works bt can't sit for long periods of time.

Carla
  2. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Carla,

I clicked on the tab above, on this page, under "Store".
    Then it brought me to another page of product categories. On the top left side there is a "search" box and I typed in MSM. The search came back with lots of product from Pro-Health and MSM -(Methylsulfonylmethane) - long name for it), is right there.

(try saying this 3 times fast and you win a gold star) ha! ha! (Only kidding, that's a long name. I can't even say it once).

This product claims:

* Is a naturally occurring nutrient and sulfer compound
    that supports healthy joint tissue.

* Naturally promotes strong, flexible joints.

* Helps the body maintain strong connective tissues.

There is alot more information in regards to this product, but the first three I wrote down for you.

I have also seen MSM in drug stores like CVS and Walgreens, right in the Vitamins section.

I gave it a shot to try to find MSM for you and I did. I hope this answers some of your questions. I myself, have never taken it, so I don't know anything about it.

My suggestion to you is always check with your Doctor or Pharmacists before you try anything new, but I'm sure you know that. I always do!

Eileen

[This Message was Edited on 09/23/2006]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

add it to their glucosamine. I didn't notice any improvement from taking it.

Hope you're feeling better, Carla.
  4. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I had bought a book all about MSM and it was about how this was going to revolutionise pain management, no side effects, natural etc.

So I got really excited about it all, we couldn't get in NZ back then. I had to get my doctor to get some in for me, which he did.

I used it for 6 months with no noticable changes. But then only a couple of years ago my brother inlaw started using it for his painful hip and he got relief from it.!
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

is in fibro freedom a supplement sold here at prohealth. It seems to work good for me.

6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

it disn't help, but it did constipate me. Anything w/ MSM, glucosamine, condroitin, NAG seems to constipate me. I've tried other supplements w/ just small amounts mixed in and it happens every time.

jeanne
  7. ckball

ckball New Member

I was just curious if anyone had been helped by it. She was very pleased with the results, so I thought I would mention it here to let others know about.

Thanks for the research, my puter time has been limited this week, I am leaving to go home Sun with a overnight stay then back to my bed on Mon, yeah! I realy missed my own bed-Carla
  8. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

MSM is used in conjunction with glucosamine and chondroitin for joint problems.

MSM alone is an anti-inflammatory. It is used to reduce swelling in leg injuries in horses. It is used to reduce swelling and irritation of the lungs and sinuses from allergies in a variety of animal species. MSM alone is not particularly expensive, especially if purchased as loose powder (Jarrow is one source) instead of in capsules.

I have used MSM for my allergies for years. It prevents sinus infections and that nasty chest cough that cough drops can’t touch. I find it a better preventative than cure. If I do get a sinus infection (which I haven’t in years), I need something stronger to clear it up. I don’t have FM, so I have no idea what it would do for FM pain.
  9. I have often wondered about msm and fibro. I saw James Coburn on The View a couple yrs ago and he had rheumatoid arthritis and swore it made him pain free after suffering for yrs.But if it would help fibro is another question.

[ advertisement ]