Anyone heard of or used chi machines???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lisa000, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Lisa000

Lisa000 New Member

Hi everyone- I was on Ebay and searching under Fibromyalgia (BORED) and found a lady who sells all kinds of holistic machines. The Chi machine sounds interesting.... I was wondering if anyone owns one or has tried one. I am getting desperate here for something to make me feel better....but dont need to part with 2-3 hundred dollars if it doesnt help. Any advice welcome
  2. Lisa000

Lisa000 New Member

Hi everyone- I was on Ebay and searching under Fibromyalgia (BORED) and found a lady who sells all kinds of holistic machines. The Chi machine sounds interesting.... I was wondering if anyone owns one or has tried one. I am getting desperate here for something to make me feel better....but dont need to part with 2-3 hundred dollars if it doesnt help. Any advice welcome
  3. sarah

sarah New Member

I've got one and I really like it. I haven't had it for long. I'm really sensitive to ANY treatment so can't go on it for long but afterwards I feel better apart from a sort of over-stimulated throat, but that fades quite quickly. (And that should get better in time) It's supposed to do everything - stress, exercise, muscle toning, organs, energy, combatting depression, all the usual. Sorry if that wasn't too clear! Anyway I feel I really need it and am glad to have it. For me, it would replace lots of therapy sessions and so would more than pay for itself. love Sarah.
  4. Lisa000

Lisa000 New Member

Thanks for the input. Did you get one from a dealer or an auctions site? Do you really feel less stressed after you use it??? Boy that would be nice. LOL. THe articles I ahve read do make sense, and if it helped with weight loss I might buy 2!!!!
  5. sarah

sarah New Member

I typed in 'chi machines uk' I think, and found a good website.(as I live in the UK!) I ordered one over the phone from them and they said I could send it back if it didn't suit me for any reason. We talked about it in great detail and he checked that I was a suitable person to use it etc. But I read from someone here that you can type in 'allaboutchimachines' also. Yes I do feel less stressed afterwards, which is why I'm so pleased as I do get stressed and depressed sometimes. For example, I was meeting a friend this week, and she had to cancel. It's been postponed for quite a while and I got depressed. Now I don't feel too bad about it after going on the machine. I've heard it can help you lose weight.
  6. Anita B.

Anita B. New Member

Yes, I bought the original chi machine (the most expensive kind that sells for over $400). I bought it on ebay.com, but it was a new unit. I wound up having to return it, because each time I used it, it made me feel much worse. I tried it about 4 times and then gave up. It cost a lot to ship back because it's so heavy. I would recommend trying to find someone who has one that you could try out before you spent money on one.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My Mother bought one (paid $500 for it). I have used it and it does seem to leave me feeling slightly invigorated afterward. I do believe it helps restore bloodflow to the extremities because of the wiggly movement it produces in the body.

I saw a show on the guy who invented it on, I believe it was, the Discovery Channel. There seemed to be some scientific evidence of its ability to bring oxygen to the arms and legs by increasing bloodflow to them.

I doubt I would have ever paid this kind of money for this machine, but since I have it now, I use it.

Love, Mikie