Anyone Heard of Qivana Qore Essentials

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by greatgran, Jun 22, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

My husband came home from seeing his chirop. yesterday and brought me some samples of
    Qivana Qore Essentials powder. It is suppose to help (according to the chirop.) with energy and maybe with my cfs/fm symptoms. It is a powder made from some natural herbs.

I tried to research it but found little about it, except for the sales pitch of selling the stuff.. Of couse with my med phobia I didnt try it but my husband , who will take any thing did. The chirp. told him it would take 4 days or longer to feel a differnce.

The chirop. was the one that told him I should try MSM.. Yes, I have seen this chirop. and he is trying to help me with fm/cfs but found little help so haven't returned.

Wondering if this is a scam or something to it.

Thanks,
    gg
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2010]
  2. Doober

Doober New Member

In one of the sentences you left out the o in chirop and I thought that this was great to tell you the truth.

We call a lot of DR's quacks, I thought that chirp was perfect for a Chiropractor. Maybe Dr's are birds and fowls, but none as wise as an owl........

I have an appointment with my quack for my cold and then gonna see my chirp for my back.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the post but I want to chime in on that one.

Like Broadcast says, check the sample to see if the ingredients are labeled? If not, then I wouldn't touch it until you learn more.
  3. greatgran

greatgran Member

The only ingredient listed is Adaptogen herb.. Maybe that is one reason I don't seem to improve I am to afraid to try this "stuff".. Sorry for the spelling Doober guess I have given the chiropractor a new name..

Thanks,
    gg
  4. Doober

Doober New Member

be sorry about the spelling, we are not being graded on our vocabulary...lol

Don't blame the lack of improvement on that fact that you are being rightly cautious of trying thing like this. Especially when the ingredient is just listed as one thing in a powered form.

I just took a look and the wording is really incorrect. What I found was adaptogenic herbs. This is from what I read, a combination of different. types of herbs. I am copying and pasting something I found on womenlivingnaturally.com :

"Adaptogen herbs are one of the most important groups of herbs to take into the 21st century. Adaptogens not only increase the resistance to the adverse effects of long-term stress yet the majority are also a tonic, immune-stimulating and increase general sense of well-being. A multitude of other actions also exist for individual adaptogenic herbs.

Other herbal medicines which combine very well with the adaptogenic herbs in treating stress include the adrenal tonics Rehmannia and Licorice and herbs which enhance cognition such as Bacopa, Rosemary, Gotu kola and Schisandra. All the nervine herbs, particularly the nervine tonics, also combine favorably."

Read the article on the link below, it gives a full insight and what herbs are used in this situation.

(URL to commercial supplement website removed by moderator)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

BBB Reliability Report for

QivanaBBB Rating D-

Ratings Explanation BBB issues Reliability Reports on all businesses, whether or not they are BBB accredited. If a business is a BBB Accredited Business, it is stated in this report.

Is this report helpful? Yes | No
    Find out more about Qivana:
    BBB Accreditation
    BBB Rating
    Business Contact and Profile
    Business Management
    Additional Locations and Phone Numbers
    Customer Complaint History
    Government Actions
    Advertising Review
    Industry Tips
    BBB Copyright and Reporting Policy
    Feedback

BBB Accreditation
    This business is not a BBB Accredited Business.

BBB Rating for Qivana
    Based on BBB files, Qivana has a BBB Rating of D- on a scale from A+ to F.
    Reasons for this rating include:
    •BBB concerns with the industry in which this business operates.
    •Length of time business has been operating.
    Click here for an explanation of BBB Ratings

http://www.bbb.org/utah/business-reviews/multi-level-selling-companies/qivana-in-provo-ut-22239839

6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

It's not just the complaints but lots of other factors go into the rating. A D- is certainly says a lot.

BTW, My background is in research and it does not look like there is any credible research on the site.

What are BBB Ratings?

BBB assigns ratings by evaluating businesses in the following categories:

BBB experience with the industry in which the business operates

The business' length of time in operation

Whether BBB has information that the business does not have required competency license

Any known government actions against the business that are related to marketplace activities

Any advertising issues found by BBB

The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers

The number of complaints received by BBB from the business' customers that are of a serious nature

Whether the business has responded to complaints received by BBB

Whether complaints have been resolved in a timely manner or the business has demonstrated it made a good faith effort to resolve them

Business' overall complaint history with BBB

Whether the business has failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints

Whether the business has honored any commitments to BBB to arbitrate or mediate disputes and comply with arbitrator decisions and mediated settlements

Whether BBB has sufficient background information and clear understanding of business

Whether the business is a BBB Accredited Business

Whether BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to comply with agreed BBB standards

Ratings are determined by a proprietary formula that represents BBB's opinion as to (1) the importance of each category, and (2) the appropriate score given to the business for each category.

BBB assigns grades from A to F with pluses and minuses. A+ is the highest grade and F is the lowest. The grade represents BBB's degree of confidence that the business is operating in a trustworthy manner and will make a good faith effort to resolve any customer concerns filed with BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/business-reviews/ratings/
    [This Message was Edited on 10/06/2010]
  7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Okay, so giving you the benefit of the doubt and since all sides of this issue seem to be discussed we will just have to agree to disagree.

Why don't you tell us about yourself?

Do you have FM, CFS?

I think you will find a lot of helpful information here.

gap :>)

ETA QIBO wrote, "my blood sugars are also staying below 100 without the need for insulin."

Were you on insulin before taking these herbs? Thanks.

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2010]
  8. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I'd have to agree....Sounds like you are involved with the company. Whether selling or not you keep writing "we". Maybe you could see how it may appear that way to some folks. Gap and Kjm are both respected members who are entitled to voice their thoughts. GG did not ask for opinions from everyone but gap and kjm. JMHO.
  9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks so much. I was only trying to provide information. People can take what they want from it. I would think Kina was doing the same thing but can only speak for myself.

I do this type of research whether considered alternative or mainstream medicine for most of my medical/personal needs. I think it is ingrained in me, LOL!!

Take care.

gap

ETA Good point. A lot of us are on disability so we have to be careful with our money. Especially with this economy.[This Message was Edited on 10/07/2010]
  10. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Congratulations on losing the thirty pounds. This is something I am working on and as you know it can be frustrating.

Whether it was the herbs, true grit or a combination, good for you!!

I recently had some sleep issues addressed and have not only cut down on my pain meds by a third and also lowered my BP meds. I still have FM which is not a walk in the park for lack of a better term but some of the sleep issues were directly contributing to my pain and exhaustion.

If you stick around, this is a great board. We have people with all sorts of perspectives so it is a good learning experience. Do you have CFS or FM?

gap
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2010]
  11. laserstrike969

laserstrike969 New Member

Yes, I have heard about Qore Essentials, and it is not a scam. I actually have started taking the probiotic supplements, and the essentials powder. The probiotics are meant to stabilize your digestive system, promote nutrient absorption, and boost immunity. They are better then almost any other brand out there because the capsule is specially coated to protect it from stomach acids. Yogurt, and 99% of the other probiotics are not as effective because many of the the good bacteria die before they reach your intestines. In regards to Qore Essentials it is a powder made up of 3 herbs and mushrooms. The first is called the immortality herb. The Chinese have been taking this herb for centuries. They make tea out of it. The second ingredient is Chinese Skullcap, and the third is Korean Ginseng. These herbs work synergystically to help lower blood pressure, lower bad cholesterol, boost immunity, boost energy, promote cardiovascular and liver health, and many more benefits. This is no joke or scam. The products have been tested and are safe. Of course it may be a good idea for anyone who has concerns to talk to their doctor first, but these are the real deal. Please research more on those herbs and you will be most likely be impressed. To get free samples check out the link below. There is only a small S&H charge, but you will get to try before you buy. Like I said, I have just started taking these, and I can no kidding feel a difference already.

(link removed, prohibited)

[This Message was Edited on 01/07/2011]
  12. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Welcome to the board. :>)

13. laserstrike969

laserstrike969 New Member

Thanks gapsych! Have a great weekend!
  14. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Hi back.

I think you will find lots of information here that will be helpful. You can also buy vitamins and supplements with the quality as good as Qivana Products but less expensive. ProHealth is not a Multi Level Marketing company which raises the price.

You might want to see my earlier post on this thread about what the Better Business Bureau has to say about Qivana It's not very flattering.

Tell us a bit about yourself. Do you have FM/CFS/ME?

Have a good weekend.

gap

15. teresazu

teresazu Member

I happen to have just taken some Qore Essentials and was looking to find where I can purchase more online and found this forum. I have purchased from ProHealth in the past, had FM/CFS for many years. Core Essentials contains 3 ingredients I have taken separately in the past, but the delivery system is more absorbable. they are all adaptogens, a form of Ginseng which is very potent, unlike others I've taken, Gynestemma, which I'd researched in the past as a longevity and adaptogenic herb, and Chinese Skullcap (Baikal) which is great for pain, fatigue, inflammation and other things. No I do not sell the product, but I can say it is very unique and helpful. I have taken many products over the years, this one gives me energy, helps my allergies, pain, fatigue, and even helped with a pulled muscle I had the other day. Just thought I'd inform you since the posts didn't appear to have any clear info. Qivana is a reputable company to my knowledge, the products I've tried have been helpful, but most especially I would not want to be without the "essentials" which this thread is about. I understand it has even helped people with MS and Lymes.
  16. Melvina1020

Melvina1020 Member

Hi teresazu,
    Were you ever able to find more Qore Essentials from Qivana?
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just a reminder. It is permissible to name a supplement and where you bought it but it is against the rules to place the URL to the commercial website in a post. We all agreed to the rules when we registered. This is not directed to anyone in particular but if y'all haven't read the rules, it's a good idea to do it. Just click on rules in the blue strip at the top of the page. Thank you for your cooperation.

Love, Mikie
  18. Mattchoo63

Mattchoo63 Member

Hi. I have FM and CFS going on 15 -20 yrs. Have tried everything under the sun with very little to show except for a drained bank account. My latest experiment is trying out a local salt room for my respiratory problems (few FM patients or doctors will discuss or acknowledge these symptoms as related to FM but for me it is one of my primary chronic issues. I've had walking pneumonia four times in the last year - each bout lasts over one month and requires mega doses of azithromycin to get rid of). Other people who frequent the salt room say they notice great benefits in treating allergies, asthma, etc. I've only had two visits so it's too early to tell. Anyway, there are two primary physician/acupuncturists operating onsite at the same location. I had a nice long conversation with one on my first visit and he encouraged me to schedule a consultation after learning of my condition. I've tried acupuncture w/ two different practitioners before so I opted against that, but was interested in other Eastern medicine and herbal treatments they offered. He sent me home today with sample packs of the Qivana Qore probiotics and the Qivana Prime nitric oxide. I will report back with results - always eager to try anything new and promising, but I'm also very skeptical because I've had such poor results (with both pharmaceuticals and natural treatments) with most things in the past. This doctor is legit and is not pushing the MLM business - that does not interest me either, but if the products improve my health I will continue them. At the very least, I've learned the ingredients to the Qivana Qore Essentials and can research and order the bulk herbs on my own, probably saving some money. The probiotics are another story - these are "triple enteric coated," designed to survive stomach acid and bile so they are delivered to the lower GI tract where they are needed. It sounds hi-tech and could be total BS but as with everything, the proof is in the pudding. If it doesn't work, I'll know soon enough.

Anway, I just joined this site so I could comment on this thread. I wish that links were allowed because I am constantly searching for low-cost sources for supplements, etc. and would like to know where other FM/CFS patients get theirs.
    teresazu likes this.
  19. teresazu

teresazu Member

I had found some on ebay but no longer. I was also able to get some from an acquaintance who is in the MLM but was able to sell me just the essentials at a reasonable cost. I've since run out and just doing Gynestemma alone for now, from a chinese herb company