Anyone heard of "Requip" for RLS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaymac, Dec 8, 2005.

1. kaymac

kaymac New Member

My new doc started me on "requip" for RLS and sleep. Anyone else have good results with this? It is a 2 wk dose pak that slowly builds you up. 2nd night and still no good results. I know it takes time. Anyone else on this?

kaymac
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

My practitioner gave me a start-up pack about six weeks ago. I did OK on the .25s, but the first night on the .50s I was queasy, and the second night I woke up then ran to the bathroom to vomit. Ugh. I stopped after that.

Shortly after, I started at the FFC in Atlanta. When we talked about sleep, Dr. Bullington suggested I could go back to the 25s again to see if I still had stomach upset -- because I was getting decent sleep on it (I woke up in the same position I feel asleep in!). So when I got home, I tried splitting a 50 (tough to do!), but almost threw up again that night, so I stopped.

I wish that the medicine wouldn't upset my stomach so much, because it did help with moving during sleep. I know that some people have to get up to the 3s and 4s to get the right dose for them...we are all different!
  3. kaymac

kaymac New Member

Oh, I don't like nausea! Hope I don't reach that! I get so upset being nauseated. I'm giving it try tho. So if I get to the higher dose and get ill, I'll just call him and stay at the lower dose, I guess. Thanks guys.

kaymac
  4. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I talked to my doctor about Requip. He put me on quinine tablets becuase he feels Requip has too many side effects. He said, if the quinine does not work, then he will consider putting me on Requip.

Let me tell you, the quinine has helped tremendously. I take it about 30 minutes before bed and I have had no problems. No side effects, and my RLS is gone. I am also sleeping much better.

Hope this helps.
  5. shep

shep New Member

I have been on Requip for a month now, and I love it. After a couple of weeks, no more restless legs!
    I have had no side effects. I always take it after a meal, not on an empty stomach.
    I wish that it had helped you also, I am sorry you are still having problems.
    Talk with your doctor and maybe there is something else he can offer to help you.
    With much love,
    Shep
  6. shalimac

shalimac New Member

Like other meds, it must be different for everyone. I had been on mirapex for years, and was then switched to requip. I experienced no RLS relief from requip, nor any sleep benefits, so I went back to mirapex. Mirapex is my miracle drug. Those of us with RLS know how horrible it can be, but mirapex completely resolves it for 24 hours, unless I had extremely poor sleep the night before. I find that extreme lack of sleep causes the RLS to exaserbate, so I then increase my mirapex accordingly. Hope you find relief soon!
  7. cbella

cbella New Member

And when I increased my magnesium, they went completely away. I take between 750mg to 1000mg a day. cb