anyone heard of the drug guaifenesia?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atrinigyal29, Jul 17, 2003.

1. atrinigyal29

atrinigyal29 New Member

Has anyone taken the drug guaifenesia for FM? How effective is it? Can it really reverse FM? My mother is reading about it in the book What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia. Any information about the drug will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
    Alicia
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, we have many people here who on on the Guaifenesin portocol. All have Dr. St. Amand's book. Its very popular here.

If you type 'Guai' or Guaifenesin in the 'Search Messages' you will get a whole string of threads concerning it.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Yayabuglady

Yayabuglady New Member

Search under "Guaifenesin Protocol" to read about this simple and amazing drug. I've recently started the protocol and have had very interesting and positive results so far. Guaifenesin is the most common mucolitic on the market. It is used in cold preparations, cough syrups, and alone for thinning heavy mucus. It is a fairly harmless medication...in other words, it can't harm you in trying it, and it might certainly help. But the protocol is somewhat difficult and some people might be put off by that. Read up on it and decide for yourself. Good luck.
  4. Lynda B.

Lynda B. New Member

So many people have talked about that for years. You can find all kinds of experiences and opinions by typing your topic in the search engine. I think you will be glad seeing all the info and research.

Lynda B.