Anyone heard of the new Fibromalgia drug ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cupimick, Sep 30, 2005.

1. cupimick

cupimick Member

Dear Friends,

As I write this I have been completely bedridden and in so much pain that I just don't know how much more I can take.

I know I am not alone but how much can one take. I just went to my Dr yesterday and he advised me that they are testing a new drug for the treatment of Fibro.

Oh it would be wonderful if this drug finally gets approved and it helps give up our lives back. I feel like I died almost 5 years ago when this monster invaded my body.

Does anyone else feel this way? I don't mean to be so down but today was my bday and all I did was stay in bed and cry.

I am also now alone since, I am going thru a divorce, my life certainly has not turned out as I had hoped. For those of you that are able to work. I envy you as I would give a anything but mine is very debilitating and I cannot no longer work.

I keep hoping for better days, my arms are giving out, so I must say goodbye , take care dear friends and keep me in your thoughts.

Love,

Deanna
  2. lisadot

lisadot New Member

http://www.drugdevelopment-technology.com/projects/pregabalin/

I have a hunch this is what your doctor is talking about.

Feel better, and happy birthday!

lisadot
  3. cupimick

cupimick Member

Lisa,

I really appreciate so much you taking the time to respond. I wanted to say thanks for responding and being so nice.

Love.

Deanna
  4. KerryK

KerryK Member

The drug may also be milnacipran. It is currently in its second FDA phase 3 trial.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I was bedridden most of the time five years ago and was on Morphine for the pain. I'm not well but I am functioning without pain meds and am no longer bedridden.

Is your doc doing anything for you now to help? So many have improved with better nutrition, being as active as possible, medications, and supplements.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the Guai treatment has helped so many to reverse the symptoms of FMS. It does take commitment and patience, but if I had not started taking it four and one half years ago, I doubt I would have improved.

I hope you can find things to help. It usually takes more than one medication or treatment for us to make strides with these illnesses. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  6. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I'm sorry it was such a miserable day. Try to remember this is your year for some good things to happen!

I hope the wonder drug is just around the corner.

Here's a hug!

Francie
  7. deelite127

deelite127 New Member

Hang in there sweetie. We have all been where you are at one time or other, thats where this board comes in...it's a blessing. Everyone here knows what you are going thru & cares...so big *hug*

another Deanna not far away
  8. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

sorry you're having such a bad time. You'll come through and have better days.

I cant work either anymore and I miss it too.

Sorry about your divorce, this is a hard process for anyone never mind someone who's ill.

Take care and hope you feel a bit better soon.

love
    Rosie
  9. MamaR

MamaR New Member

First, I am sorry that your birthday was sad, but maybe today will be a better day!!
    I was reading your post and your mood at the time you posted sounded SO MUCH like mine. I have been getting worse instead of better for years, so I know exactly where you are. Another issue that is the same, is the work issue! I went through so many emotions when I had to quit work. There was depression, then the quilt. I was in early childhood development for about 18 years. I loved my work, but my body was turning on me! I just couldn't do my job to best of my ability in the beginning, but tried to continue...telling myself (as I had so many times before) that I can do anything that I set my mind to do! Well, this will not work with this illness!! It through me for loop!
    I, like you, pray for a medicine that will help. I can't take antidepressants, and my doc keeps wanting me to try every new one that comes out. If we will read the possible side effects, we will be wise not to even try some of them. The last one was Zyprexa. It can cause Type II Diabetes...among other things, so I refused it.. I AM ONLY STATING WHAT WAS ON THE INSERT SHEET, as I haven't taken this med.

I pray for your strength, and so sad to hear about the divorce. It has to be terrible to go through that on top of your other problems, but keep talking to us!! I THANK GOD for this message board! I must say.... I find so much encouragement here! We all can relate to each other, and are here for each other. PLEASE... keep on talking to us, as we understand.

Mari
  10. Sheila1366

Sheila1366 New Member

BTW, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!Sorry it was not a good one.And sorry to hear about the divorce,I hate things didn't work out for you.

Just know we are all hear for you.

I have felt the way you feel many times and it is good to let those feelings out.I am glad you have your furbabies to love on and get love from them.Just think about how much they love their mommy.Gather them up and snuggle.I know that helps me.

Take care and I hope your arms get better.
    Sheila
  11. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I'm sorry that you are having such bad times. I have problems on my birthdays as well when I reflect back. When I get in the really down moods, I tell myself, "this too shall pass." Life is like a roller-coaster and never even. I'm hoping that you are feeling better as you read this post. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Warm wishes and love, Jeannette