Anyone heard or tried Cranial Unwinding as an Alternative Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by azcactuslil, May 11, 2006.

1. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

I lady that I work with does alternative healing. One of the things that she does in a crainial unwinding where she does a very light massage at the base of your spine to release negative energy from your cranium and spinal fluid. She saaaaid it is to make your body remember what it was like to feel well again even if your mind can't. Then it can't begin to bring a positve flow of energy going to start healing.

What do you think? I am at the point where I will almost try it all at leasst once.
  2. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

this is a new one to me.

If you can afford it I would give it a go, if you do let us know how you went on.

Sue
  3. turquoise

turquoise Member

This sounds like cranial sacral therapy. I would consider it if it were done by a good D.O. Unfortunately, not a lot of them do it anymore.
  4. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

Yeah, that is another name for it. But what is that exactly?

Doesn't sound wonderful to remember what it is like to feel good again? The first session is free. After that, I have think she charges $125. There is no way in *.@! I can afford that. She said to at least do the first session anyway. I am seriously thinking about it but would like to know more about it.
  5. Musica

Musica New Member

in the last 24 hours! No details, though, but if it is cranial sacral therapy, I think it is the non-surgical treatment they use on Chiari I Malformation. Give it a try and let us know how it is! I'm afraid I couldn't tolerate it because I am so sensitive to massage, but I'm interested in hearing about it!