Anyone help for constant colds, sore throat.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by coolma, Aug 11, 2008.

1. coolma

coolma New Member

Can people please give what helps them avoid the sore throat, colds and bronchial infections which plague SOME of us with extreme FM conditions?
    I'd appreciate any input.
  2. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

But also get a sore throat very often, particularly if I have overdone things/not slept well. I recommend lots of herbal tea with honey. There is a tea that you can buy that is specifically for throats - Dr Stuarts Throat Relief.

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I used to have chronic sore throats and learned there were two types.

One was linked to pantothenic acid deficiency, brought on by overstressed adrenals. Pantothenic acid is the key nutrient for adrenal health and whenever I would get overtired or stressed, the sore throat would pop up. I started taking a good B complex vitamin and extra pantothenic acid (500 to 1000 mg.) and this took care of that sore throat. I learned about the link between sore throats and pantothenic acid in an old Adelle Davis nutrition book.

I also had a chronic low-grade strep infection which colloidal silver knocked out. I took 2 tablespoons a day and gargled with it for about a month.

But, I still get sick every time I crash (post-exertional malaise [exhaustion]) and can't seem to boost my immune system enough to avoid this. Things that help when I do get sick are Alpha CF (a homeopathic remedy available in most health food stores), and my chiro recently gave me a new product which is very effective: Immuno Plus by Nutri-West. It's a tincture of several different herbs and worked very well againt a nasty bug I'd been fighting for about a month.

One more thing - I used to have chronic sinus infections until I had allergy testing done and discovered a severe allergy to dust mites (in bedding, pillows, etc.) I got hyapoallergenic pillows with special covers and a special mattress cover, and the chronic sinus infections stopped. My doctor was reluctant to authorize the allergy testing, I had to insist (after being on 3 courses of antibiotics in a row), and am so glad I had it done.

Other herbs that can be helpful are the usual: garlic, cat's claw, olive leaf extract, echinacea, astralagus. I know there are others.