Anyone here from Georgia? ...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by psalmlady, Jun 14, 2003.

1. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

And if so, do you have a good doctor that treats FM?
    If so, could you please tell me where he is located?

Thanks! :)
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I live in Georgia too. I read your bio, sounds a lot like me, haha. We have a home silkscreen print business. I attend Reboth Christian Center out in Talapoosa. I love animals too. I have 3 horses and lots of dogs. I am happily married, and have 5 kids. My little nine month old grandbaby is the light of my life. Sorry I can't help with a doctor though, I am looking for one myself.
    Just thought I'd say hello!
    God Bless you and keep you Well!
    Kellyann
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She has FMS but doesn't have a very good doc there in Atlanta. I just got back from a visit. I love Atlanta. I had a chance to stay in Savannah and just soak in the history. Very restful.

Love, Mikie
  4. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

I really appreciate your help.
    - Macon is a bit far for me to travel but I thank you for the doctors name.

If I find a good one around Atlanta somewhere, I'll sure post it on the board and let you all know.

Love you all! :) (Barb)
  5. KDBBEV

KDBBEV New Member

I have a wonderful doctor. I went to him a few weeks ago telling him my pain had increased. He ended up giving me 6 trigger point injections and I started a guafenesin regiment plus he gave me some ultram. Since the injections my pain level went from 7-8 down to 1-2
    I have been with him 5/6 years. He is very knowledgeable about FM. He believes in helping you have a good quality of life no matter what it takes.
    His Name is
    Dr.S. Rafique
    The Snellville Clinic
    2351 Henry Clower Blvd Suite B
    Snellville, Ga 30078
    770-736-1735
    I drive an hour to get to him and he is worth it.
    Tell him Beverly sent ya!

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2003]
  6. psalmlady

psalmlady New Member

see when I can see him.
    I have a friend that is seeing a doctor in Jasper ( 21 miles S. of me ) that says he is pretty good in treating FM. She says he will start you out with Anti-Inflammatory meds. - then go from there. How does that sound to you?

Thanks for your help! :)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are generally of limited value in treating FMS. If we do have some inflammation, they will help, but they are not considered the drugs of choice for our illnesses. Docs like to try them because they are afraid to prescribe the drugs which do help us. They are afraid of addiction. The problem is that many anti-inflammatories have some pretty heavy-dute side effects and docs should save them for illnesses which are inflammatory in nature.

Love, Mikie
  8. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

I am from South Ga, so my doc would be too far for you to drive. To an earlier poster that said they were from the Macon area....that's where I grew up! Good luck finding a doc.
  9. cindye

cindye New Member

I live in Lilburn, GA a suburb of Atlanta - to the east. My daughter goes to Multi Healthcare for her fibro - Dr. Curtis Pierce is the Chiro but he works with a MD- they have just opened one in Alpharetta and will be opening one in Suawane sometime this fall. The phone number for the one in Lilburn is 770-921-7587. They use guai-protocol prescribed by Dr. St. Amand in his book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia". Dr. Pierce is very informed about Fibro. Has changed Cindy's life! Hope you are close enough to check this out! good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/19/2003]