Anyone here from Michigan?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Jul 17, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

Is anyone here from Michigan?

I live in the Port Huron area and notice that there is not a lot of support groups here (well, none, actually)

How do you all cope with no one to turn to when you can't get to a computer and this great forum?????

Sometimes I feel that an overdose of all my meds might just solve everything for me.

The problem is I think young, feel young, and want to live to a healthy ripe old age.

Doesn't look like that is going to happen.

2. beckks

beckks New Member

I live in Michigan. Near Rogers city. There is a support group in my area, but doesn't meet often.
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I live about 45 minutes outside of the Traverse City area. And I attend a support group meeting once a month.

This online support group and the one I attend in person is so important too me. I'm not sure how I would manage without them.

PS I forgot to add check with your local hospital to see if they have a support group thats how I found mine.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/17/2008]
  4. englishteacher

englishteacher New Member

I live down near Adrian in Lenawee County. I haven't heard of a fibro. support group but I know the Jackson hospital frequently sponsors things for Lupus so they might also for Fibro and I just didn't hear about it.

And ... even though the pain and exhaustion can be overwhelming... please don't consider that an overdose would be the best thing.

Perhaps a low key pet could be helpful? Exploring the possibilities of faith and the comfort that may bring? Maybe starting a fibro. phone buddy system?

Think of how you might be able to use your experiences to help guide or support others through the rough waters of Fibro.?

I wish you the best and hope you hang in there.
    Best Wishes,
    michelle[This Message was Edited on 07/18/2008]
  5. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

and I haven't found any support groups either. I understand that it can get lonely and depressing , but don't give up . There is always hope . Things can turn for the better any moment although it may not feel that way sometimes.

Feeling young and thinking young is a great way to feel ! Keep it up. You will prolong your life just to keep that feeling. If you can't get to a computer often , have you thought of a pen-pal ? I believe some of the self-help type sights have pen-pal features. Also , you might think of starting your own group ? I bet there are others who are wishing there was one too. Do you belong to a church family? My small group from the church I belong to is wonderful to me .

Just some of my thoughts. I hope and will pray that things work out for you. Please know that you are being thought of.

6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I found 2 support groups for Michigan from another fibro. site . Would either of these be close to Port Huron ( I think you are up north?)

Bad Axe. New Beginnings - FM, CFIDS, LUPUS Support Group Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of each month - 6pm to 8pm. Meetings are at the Seventh-Day Adventist Church in Bad Axe, Michigan. We have speakers, group help, as well as individual help. Group Leader: Lynne Gucwa (517) 269-8697 Snail mail: Lynne Gucwa 2890 S. Thomas Rd Bad Axe, Michigan 48413 Group Co-Leader: Marilyn Luedke (517) 269-9396 Group Alternate: Carol Campbell (517) 269-6575 All are welcome, including caregivers.

Metro Fibromyalgia and CFS Support Group: Merriman Rd. Baptist church. 2055 Merriman Rd. Garden City, MI 48135
    1-3 PM. 2ND Thursday of each month. Run by a 9 member advisory board the group offers the following services; guest speakers, table talks, a newsletter and a lending libray. There is no fee required but donations welcome. Contact Lucy Rowley at 734-462-1768 or

Maybe the one in Bad Axe ? If not ,you could call thier leader and ask if she/he knows of a support group near you.