Anyone here from NJ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Mar 14, 2003.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

I was recently diagnosed in November and shortly after found this board. I have been wondering if anyone is from NJ or if anyone knows of a NJ support group. I live in Northern Jersey.
  2. Lau

Lau New Member

Hi lin21!

I live in NW NJ (Warren County). My Mom lives in Bergen Co. I have also been searching for a support group but have not found one close enough to my home to attend. I know that many hospitals would help you out with a directory of support group listings.

There was one near me a while ago, but did not last. I cannot imagine how difficult it was for the group leaders, who also have this DD to organize and always attend these meetings. To tell you the truth, I actually found that this support group to be more depressing than helpful.

I am fairly new to this message board (and to anything to do with PC's for that matter) and have found it to be very helpful. There is a lot of information and support, and you can "attend" any time you feel up to it or feel the need to.

Wishing you the best, as I know how difficult coping with this diagnosis is not easy.

Love, Laurie

3. lin21

lin21 New Member

Laurie,

I live in NE Jersey, Hudson County but my Doctor is in Bergen county and have friends in Bergen County too.
    I saw your post to lillejane too.
    I was recently diagnosed and now am battling with my LTD insurance company, so needless to say my health has suffered badly from all this stress.
    Do you go to a rheumie in Bergen County?

Keep in touch,
    Lin
  4. marecee58

marecee58 New Member

You might be able to find a support group in your area on this website: NJCFSA.ORG

Mare (Central Jersey)
  5. lin21

lin21 New Member

Thanks Mare---

I checked it out but there is nothing in Hudson County.

6. Lau

Lau New Member

Sorry Lin, mine is in Morris Co. Good luck with the disability process. I recently finished with a long and very upsetting battle with SSDI. I hope it is easier with LTD, this didn't apply in my case because a stopped working on my own before I knew what the heck was wrong with me. I can't drive very much, otherwise I'day let's get together and commiserate.

Laurie
  7. starstella

starstella New Member

I live in central NJ. This board is my support group. It's there when i need it and since I'm lucky enough to still be working, I can access this board for support and don't have to go out to do it. Welcome to the group.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/14/2003]