Anyone here from the Raleigh Durham are?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nellie2, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Nellie2

Nellie2 New Member

I saw a post in July about a support group in the area. Is there anyone here that still lives in the Raleigh area? I haven't found anyone here in NC who has FM and it would be great to get into a group.

I have had FM for a little over 3 years. My symptoms have come back in full force. I was doing pretty good for the first 6 to 9 months that I lived in NC. Colorado was horrible for me, and I though NC must have given me quite a "cure", but nope, its baaaaaaaaaacccccccccck!

Thanks!
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am so sorry 'it' is back! Not a welcome guest, to be sure!

I believe there are several here, who live in the RDU area. Have you tried the search box to check? Start with typing in the work Raleigh, etc. I know there were doctors recommended. One might have gone to Duke or UNC.

We lived in Raleigh/Knightdale area for several years in "94-96". Husband graduated from UNC, and we lived in Durham for a year. LOVE the area!

I hope you find what you are looking for!

Kim

PS I just tried Raleigh in the search box, under title and came up with a page of people in your area. Maybe that will help!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/10/2006]
  3. Nellie2

Nellie2 New Member

I appreciate the information. I went to the same Duke Pain clinic. I don't go there anymore, the Neuro I saw didn't seem to "get" Fibro!

I'll check around.

THanks!
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I used the search box feature and pulled up info from a 7/05 post. It was nc_artist who runs the local group, I believe.

She said in the post to contact her, thru this board and she will gladly give the information. If you post it with her name and RDU support group, you will get more information.

They appear to meet monthly. It sounds very good! Wish I could come!

Good Luck!

Kim
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

A bump for Nellie
  6. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

I have lived in that area Raleigh Durham NC. I would suggest calling one of the area hospitals and see if they have a support group they can inform on. I know Wake Medical was good about that sort of thing when I worked there many years ago.