Anyone here have chronic stuffiness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Aug 8, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

Ever since I got sick with the flu in summer of 2003 I have had full feeling in ears and somewhat stuffy nose. Has anyone else had this problem with there cfids/fm. It really is not a problem at all, however I do think the stuffiness has alot to do with fog and dizziness.

Just curious how many share my symptoms and if this is common to cfids/fm?
  2. Daisys

Daisys Member

After years of that, I ordered Xlear from Pro Health and it works for me. I put one drop (mine doesn't spray) into each nostril every morning. This bottle has lasted a long time, making it not very expensive.

It's xylitol and saline solution, so maybe I'll try to mix up my own when this runs out.
  3. Empower

Empower New Member

are you eating too much dairy?

that would cause some stuffiness
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Especially with the full feeling in my ears. But since I started treating my candida, it has gone away. It turned out I my sinus issues were due to canida infection! I didn't even know that could happen, but after some research have found it to be very common.
  5. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

is what i have. I'm so used to it that it only bothers me when it gets super stuffy and then I get sinus problems too. I noticed that when my sinuses are clogged/ tender I am more tired than my usual tired self. Time to get out the "nasal lavage/douche" thingie. A hassle but it helps.
  6. butterfly99

butterfly99 New Member

I STOPPED DAIRY AND MY STUFFY NOSE,CHEST colds, AND IBS GONE. ALONG WITH MANY OTHER WONERFUL THINGS HAPPENED. GO to nodairy.com and just read. I have been vegan for 7 yrs, best thing i could have done for my FMS.peace
    Amy
  7. lightnerbride

lightnerbride New Member

My nose is either stuffy or runny. It's very annoying. I guess I should remember to use my flonase regularly.
    My mom and I both have fibro and frequent sinus problems. She has a lot of ear infection problems leading to vertigo. I don't know if any of it is fibro related though.
    A
  8. MsE

MsE New Member

I use Nasacort at time and Claritin in the morning. It helps. The full feeling in my ears and tinnitus is eased by Lorazepam. When I first came down with CFIDS, these symptoms and dizziness and spaciness were major complaints. However, now I can get along without Lorazepam. I do use 1 mg for sleep. I don't use it in the daytime any more unless I'm in a really really really stressful situation and can't think straight.
  9. Scapper

Scapper New Member

With the onset of cfids, I too became all stuffed. Now, years later, I only get the sinus stuff around this time of year.....I'm reminded of how horrible it makes me feel.

It definitely adds to the foggy/dizzy head -- I'm hating it.

For me, it has nothing to do with dairy or foods.

I read today that a Chlamydia Pneumonia infection is often found in patients with chronic sinus problems. This is a bacterial infection. I tested positive over the winter, when I wasn't all stuffed. I'm going to check this avenue out again.

It is no doubt related to cfids. I never had sinus problems before this.