Anyone here have eye problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Dec 23, 2005.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I have three problems with my eyes and was wondering if this is common with either cfids or lyme. I should mention that befor I got ill I had 20/20 vision. All of this started the day I got ill, 2.5 years ago.

1) My eyes are always blured unless I strain to focus, this is especially true when object is withen 3 feet. From a distance I have less problems with strain or bluriness.

2)I have problems tracking moving objects. This kinda ties in with #3

3) It seems like my brain and eyes are not working together right. Before I got ill if I saw something my brain knew what I was looking at imediatly. Now it is like a delay, it might be just a split second but long enough to make me feel stupid, more dizzy, more foggy and much more confused.

If any one here has had these kinda eye problems did you see an eye dr. about it. I have told all my docs about it but always figured that if I could beat what ever it is I have than they would go back to normal.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/23/2005]
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Vision problems were one of my first physical problems. I think I have most of the symptoms though of CFS/FM except the bladder and pain in your "privates". I would be at my desk and have a customer across from me and my eyes didn't want to change focus. It was changing constantly. It was embarrassing and frustrating. It was affecting my driving. In April of this year, I started trying to find what the problem was with my eyes. I found that I have dry eyes. I am now on Restatsis. It has helped but it has not fixed the problem. My vision changes from visit to visit. It's so bad that I still have not been given a prescription. We are trying different brands of contacts & solutions. It is fairly common for people with CFS/FM to have problems with their eyes. I also have difficulties swallowing. This can also be caused by lack of saliva. I had this problem for awhile. During that time I developed 4 cavities. The dentist asked me what was wrong with me. He could tell by my gums that there was a problem. The mouth is better. This disease amazes me...how it cycles and changes. Hope this helps.
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I do have blurry eyes,esp. my right. I also have chronic dry eye too.Not fun at all. The dry eye causes conjungtivitis(spelling?) alot for me.
  4. adirondackhoney

adirondackhoney New Member

yep.
    drs kinda pass it off as "ONLY" or "JUST" the fibro..jerks!
  5. GBHope

GBHope New Member

When I'm dizzy and flaring, my eyes just don't want to work right. I am having a horrible time right now. Don't do much driving because of it.

GBHope
  6. Gly

Gly New Member

I have that, too. It's especially frustrating when I try to do hand sewing because my focus goes in and out constantly. My optometrist said it was normal for my age but I'm not so sure.