Anyone here Hyperthyroid???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Sep 26, 2005.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi guys!!

I have been to an endocrinologist who says I am Hyperthyroid but two FM docs say that I am Hypothyroid. I can eat anything I want these days and I don't gain weight. I also sweat like crazy (these are hyperthyroid symptoms). I have a very low tsh with normal t3 and t4 as well as free t3 and t4. My tsh never seems to improve and has been low since I have been ill. Any ideas???
  2. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

My TSH seems to run low but all the rest of Thyroid tests are normal. Did a nuclear study and scan of Thyroid gland and also normal. They gave me a beta blocker to stop my internal shakes. Dr. attributes to FM as well. My last TSH has improved to .4 where it was down to .2 last year.
    A mystery!
    T
  3. namow

namow New Member

First I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's and took armour thyroid for a very long time. All of the sudden I started sweating like crazy and my heartbeat was way fast, very uncomfortable. My doctor cut the dose from 90m to 45 and I had another test last week and he says my tsh still low, so I'm 30 mg but I really don't understand why this is happening....WHAT A MISTERY and MISERY!!!!!
  4. florenceb

florenceb New Member

...I have been reminded HUNDREDS of times in my thyroid group that TSH is unreliable. I think cuz it is a pituitary hormone so it is sending the signal to the thyroid; but antibodies interfere with this somehow... There are drs and even endos who freak out if u have a TSH below 1.0. but I can assure you that there are many women in my group that have suppressed TSH levels and feel great. In fact, they go so far as to say they would be dead if they had listened to their drs and lowered their thyroid medication.

They stress the importance of FREE T3 and FREE T4- because it is not bound to a protein in the blood and therefore is the most accurate measure of how much thyroid you actually have in your body.

Your FREE T3 should be in the upper third of the range- or even over the range (mine is) And your FREE T4 should be at LEAST in the middle of the range.

Also, some people experience hyPER symptoms for a while (it varies weeks or even months) THEN: the HYPO rears its ugly head.

There are a few VERY irrate people in my thyroid group becuz they were diagnosed hyPER and their drs felt they should take RAI: they thank God they refused this treatment since they were actually HYPOthyroid.

Have you had your ANTIbodies tested? There are several thyroid antibodies and I THINK different ones for Graves disease and Hashimoto's..... Florence

BTW- Beta blockers interfere with thyroid hormone[This Message was Edited on 09/26/2005]