Anyone here on Lipitor? There's a deal to save money

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by EllenComstock, Feb 11, 2008.

1. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Hi, Everyone:

I was reading an article in a women's magazine the other day about how to save money and it said to check your medications as some of them have special deals that will save your money. One of them is Lipitor, which my husband takes. Depending on how much you pay for your co-pay you can save either $10.00 or $15.00 each month you refill your prescription! I know we are not supposed to give website addresses here, but all you have to do is type your medication name and then do the .com and you will have it.

There is also one for Synthroid if you have to pay cash for it. They have a $3.00 coupon each time you refill it. I have insurance so that one didn't help me any. But it's worthwhile going through your medications to see if there are any special deals.

We are now saving $120.00 a year on the Lipitor.

2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thanks, Ellen!

3. Catseye

Catseye Member

Some people can avoid the statins just by cutting down on carbs because that's what causes you to make more cholesterol. And bad cholesterol is just cholesterol that has been ravaged by free radicals. Just some food for thought.

But wanted I really wanted to pass on is that some statins can deplete coq10 levels. This body's coenzyme is extremely important, especially for the heart, so if you're on statins, check into this and consider supplementing with coq10. It's also part of the Krebs cycle which makes energy so many people here can benefit from it whether on statins or not.

best wishes