Anyone here take Paxil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Apr 13, 2007.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

If so, what experience did you have with it? Like it or not?

Kriket
  2. CFS101

CFS101 New Member

I took Paxil many, many years ago for "treatment resistent" depression. I did not have sucess with it because the nausea it caused was intorable and I had to stop, way before the medicine had a chance to be theriputic.

As background, I had tried about a dozen different antipressants before I found a drug that I could tolerate that actually worked for me. This process for me took over ten years. I can happily say now my depression has been in official remission since approximatley Jan 2002. I came down with CFS about a year later but have been able to keep thoses occasional depressing thoughts in check because I've found a drug that works for me.

What is the medicine being precribed for if I may ask? Perhaps, being the old pro at this, I may be able to answer other questions for you.

God Speed
  3. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

Kriket - Be careful w/Paxil. Read some internet sites from people who took it. My father had to stop it. He said he was a different person - I took one pill once and sat on the couch for 2 hrs. I couldn't move. I didn't feel emotion. I threw the free samples down the toliet. However, everyone is different - just my experience because you are asking. Good luck -
  4. emiluke

emiluke New Member

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that I take Paxil for OCD and it works great for me. The major problems I've had with it are weight gain and low sex drive.

Hope that helps,

Chris
  5. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

How are you?

I never took Paxil but my mom did & like JaneSmith said, my mom had to stop it. My mom was only on it for a few days when I heard her yelling my name. I jumped out of bed & found her crying on the couch. She asked me to take her to the hospital. It turned out that the Paxil caused her to have her first panic attack.

But like others have mentioned, our bodies all react different to medicines.

Gook luck & Feel Better!!!
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

I finally got my b/f to the doctor. Doctor says he has depression from so much stress going on right now and in the past of his life, so doctor prescribed it for depression. I an nervous and fearful that it will have some weird counteracting effect. I too, went through trying about 5 different ones till I found the right one- Wellbutrin.

Thanks for all of your respondes!!!

Kriket

7. patty1018

patty1018 New Member

i took paxil, and found it made me have the blind stares for hours. didnt want to move. it was defintely not for me.