?????Anyone Here Taking Lyrica?????

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by omeeomy, Jun 4, 2008.

1. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

If anybody is taking Lyrica or has taking it please give me some insite. My Rhumey gave it to me.

2. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have been taking Lyrica for over 2 years now. It works well for me, I am very happy with it. I had some side effects in the beginning but they have gone away. It helps with nerve pain, IBS and stomach symptoms.
  3. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

Yes my Rhumey gave it to me for my FM. I'm going to try if i hope the side effects are not bad. I don't want to gain weight. I take Plaguenil for my arthritis to keep my joints from being so inflamed. I took a shot in my foot again i have a hard time walking. My Rhumey sail medicine was 10% & walking was 90% of getting better. That walking is the best thing to do. He was a grouch. His name is Dr. Bible my grand-daughter said his name sure didn't fit him. She's here with me this week i've had her since Saturday she's going back tomorrow. I guess Terri & her family will be leaving tomorrow. I know she is excited. Today my son is 39 he's still in Alaska he comes in next Friday. Got to go going to take my grand-daughter to Belk's for a little while.

Everyone thank you for your input on Lyrica. I really need something to help me with my pain.

Later Omeeomy
  4. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

I'm waiting until my grand-daughter goes home & the week-in is over before i try it. My Rhumey told me it might cause me to be dizzy so take it at night. He gave me a sample to try first.

5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Just wanted to let you both know that I have not gained any weight due to Lyrica. I know that some people have gained weight but I wanted you to know that it doesn't happen to everyone.

Also, I did have some side effects but they went away after my body got used to the drug.
  6. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I took Lyrica, low dosage, twice a day all last spring and summer. It was a miracle to me that I felt the best I had in several years. I was able to garden, go see grandkids, etc.

THEN for some d****d reason, like weight gain, and the cost, I stopped it and went through months of a terrible flare and I had the worst winter ever. NOW I am back on it and I don't care if I am as big as a house...I want TO DO stuff and live a real life!

I have been back on it for 2 weeks and I am starting to feel great again...I would not go off it for anything. If you take it and it helps you, get through the side effects...anything is ok if you are OUT of pain and can LIVE.

7. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

and let me tell you it has done wonders for all the neuropathy pain especially in my feet. Somedays my feet burn and hurt so bad it was so hard to walk.

In the past I was on Gabapentin and gained 40 lbs. but I was at the max dose and I began having terrible tremors so it was time to try something new.

I've been taking the Lyrica for about two months and I'm still on a very small dose. I know I could take a larger dose and do even more but I am afraid of weight gain myself so I keep it at the minimum dose.

Lyrica really has helped me tremendously and even my family has commented on how much better I am. If it comes to the point where I start to gain weight I will have to adjust some things but I'm not going off the Lyrica.....it has helped me get just a small part of my life back.
  8. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have lost a pound or two but------I can't see where it has helped. I have FM and arthritis!!!!!!I'm lookking for pain relief but this doesn't seem to help! I am on 100 mg. (I think that is right - you know memory loss) 3 times a day.

Good luck to all of you and hope you have good insurance! LOL

9. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

For input i've now took 2 pills i can tell that i have had something. I just pray it will help me. I have so much pain. My friend works at the pharmecy her sister takes Lyrica & says it really has help her & with no side effects.

I have some insurance i am going to have to pay 60$ co-pay. My friend said it is 160 some dollars. I'm taking 50mg twice a day. Thanks ladies for all your commets. Keep them comming. Mybe help someone with our experience. When i am going to get a new drug i always my Dr if he has samples. All they can say is yes or no. Most of them get samples.

10. omeeomy

omeeomy New Member

I tell you Ladies this is great. I've almost been on it a week. No pain i like to sleep boy do i rest at night. I just take 50mg twice a day. I feel like i want to sleep during the day sometimes but when i'm busy that goes away. I went to a Bluegrass Festvial with my son at the college where he teaches. Before i never could have sit for 6hrs. before.

I hope this continues for me.