Anyone Here Tried Green Bags?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I just ordered the Green Bags from Home Shopping Network. They are supposed to keep produce fresh for weeks. I know there are a lot of juicers here and juicing requires a lot of produce. It can go bad before we can use it all.

I've seen these bags before and considered them. They were recently the Special Value of the day which meant that, basically, S&H and taxes were free. They also threw in $20 worth of Gold Bags which are supposed to keep bread and chips fresh for weeks too.

Green Bags can be used 5 or 6 times. The Gold Bags can be cleaned and used indefinitely. There were lots of positive testimonials for the Green Bags. I hope they live up to all the praise I heard. I'll let y'all know how they work out. I hate wasting food but my appetite and energy are so erratic that I usually end up wasting a lot. I hope these bags will help. I ended up paying about 65 cents per bag with everything, so that's not bad at all.

Love, Mikie
  2. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

Now I remember. I do have some green bags in the drawer nest to the fridge!!!! But somehow I don't remember to use them. They have been there for at least 6 years.

But I do remember that our produce lasted longer whenwe used them. How much longer, I can't say. But I would say that they are worth the investment. Fresh produce doesn't get so slimy and I don't remember losing any produce using them.

But thanks for the reminder.

Also I think putting the produce in the "drawers" of the fridge along with the green bags has a lasting effect.

Hope you are doing well, Mikie.

Love ~ Jeanne

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate the hints for using the bags. I don't intend to leave produce forever but I would like to be abel to get a few more days out of some of the produce I have in the fridge.

I once heard that even though putting bananas in the fridge will turn the skin brown, the inside will stay fresh longer. I've never tried it.

I'm OK but still just soooooooo tired. I think it will take some time to get my energy back after all I went through the last half of 2006. Thanks for asking.

I hope y'all are well and thanks again for the input. I'll you know how the bags work out for me, especially the new Gold Bags. It would be nice to keep bread longer.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

5. doxielover70

doxielover70 New Member

They work really well with all produce. I buy really green banannas and it keeps them from turning. I have used them on bagged lettuce in the frige but for some reason the lettuce still gets slimey. I think it is worth the money.
  6. mezombie

mezombie Member

I use them, and definitely see a difference in how long my produce lasts. A head of lettuce often lasts for two weeks or more when put in a green bag!

I ran out of them at one point, and found that things rotted earlier. I'm very happy I found them again. They are a worthwhile investment, especially considering how important eating fresh veggies and fruits are for us.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Have those vacuum seal machines and they like them. I'm going to be interested in seeing whether the gold bags keep bread fresh. They came yesterday. I gave my neighbor a couple of the green bags to try.

I'll let y'all know what I think of them in a couple of weeks.

Love, Mikie
  8. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

So what's the verdict Mikie - Do you like the Green bags?

Have you gotten more than 5 or 6 uses out of them? Do they go into the fridge or sit on the counter? Do they have to be ordered on-line or can you get them at a natural food store?

What did you think of the Gold bags? Did you use them just for bread?

These sound like a promising product, and I'm definitely interested in trying them. Thanks for sharing this info!
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

had the bags long enough to know how many uses I'll get. So far, everything, lettuce, spinach, and cut fruit is still fresh after a week and a half.

Same with the gold bags. I have chips, pretzels, and bread which are still fresh.

I don't know whether these bags can be bought in stores.

Sorry I don't have more info. I'll let y'all know more when I've had them longer.

Love, Mikie
  10. mezombie

mezombie Member

I know these bags are available at Whole Foods. Otherwise, on-line. I think Gaiam.com sells them.
  11. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Thanks Mikie! I think I am going to order some or try to find them at Whole Foods. I would love for my produce to last longer than it does. With just my husband and myself here now, things tend to get mushy before we can eat them.

Thanks for the post. Sally
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some cut fruit, melons and strawberries, which has been in the fridge for a while now and it tasted fine. It was firm and not slimy at all.

As I said, I'll let y'all know how long stuff lasts in the bags.

Love, Mikie