Anyone here with excessive facial hair?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kacjac, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I'm getting bad....ugh...how embaressing! ( I think I mispelled that LOL)
    Anywho...what do you do?, I tried most everything, but I'll think I'll try laser soon, but it will have to wait, till I scrape up $600 for full face, it's $440 for lip and chin!
    I'm a pretty gal, this hair must go, it's driving me insane!
    I know, it should be the least of my worries.....sigh....but I don't have time for all this frekin' plucking!
    LUV~ Karen
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I have lost a lot of hair.......all over......since all of this. So I do not know. Your Hormones should be checked.

Susan
  3. serenety

serenety New Member

Kacjac, sounds to me like Polycystic overies, have you put a lot of weight on as well? Are your periods all over the place?
    Hug Serenety.
  4. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

Yes! I have noticed a lot of facial hair lately!! Mine is especially around the lower jaw line, under chin, etc. I don't know what to do. I've heard the more you try to get rid of it, the more it comes back.... I just don't know what to do at this time...
  5. tcpolchies

tcpolchies New Member

Yea, I noticed that a couple eyars back -present. Have to wax weekly which isnt good for my skin. OUCH!

T~
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

is that 90% of it is on the right side of my chin/face, as if one had drawn a line...

important thing is to not pluck it in any way as it makes the roots tougher, so permanent removal takes longer... and then of course the newbies happen.

10 years after having what I did have removed thru electrolysis, it's all back plus some... but of course it's not the same roots. Small comfort!

Victoria

7. lin123

lin123 New Member

I had a friend who did laser and after a couple of months it came right back. She said she wasted $400 for nothing.
  8. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I'm thankful for the heads up that it would probably grow right back.....EEK!
    Who in their right mind wants to waste $400?
    To answer a few questions....I'll be getting hormones checked out friday.
    My problem is just facial hair, real bad under chin, and getting worse on upper lip.
    And I have Hypothriodism.
    And I have been told I might have PCOS....And YES,unfortunately, the weight has piled on, and I struggle everyday, to lose it!
    Thanks for all replies....hugz, Karen
  9. vwolfer

vwolfer New Member

I have been complaining about this for the past two years. When I point this out to the doctors they just ignore it and my boyfriend tells me that what I have is normal. Well it is not normal and I never had it before. I have very light white peach fuzz all over my entire face, forehead and all. You can only see if I am standing in a certain light or it is looked at from a certain angle. I use to get it waxed but now I just run a min-razor over it. It keeps coming back but definitely does not look any worse. I am not referring to the eyebrow line which is dark and of course I deal with hair on the upper lip which I get waxed. Ugh!!!!
  10. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

that recommended a product called SurgiCream available at Wal-Mart, Walgreens. The people who had used it liked it.