Anyone here with multiple sclerosis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shar2, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Shar2

Shar2 New Member

Fibromyalgia symptoms and multiple sclerosis symptoms seem to have a lot in common. Does anyone here have both? Which was diagnosed first?
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I'm bumping up your post in hope that more will see!

Kim
  3. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

My doctors are checking for MS. I've had symptoms, but many other conditions can cause similar symptoms and even brain lesions.

Jan
  4. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

5. Megumi

Megumi New Member

I don't have it but whenever I move and start going to a new doctor, after hearing my litany of symptoms, that's always the first thing they want to test for. I've never understood why. Kinda makes me wonder just how much they know about fm, that maybe they are looking for something they do know about.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

7. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I haven't had a chance to check in with this group for a while now; so this is the first time I've seen your message. I was diagnosed with MS in 1978 but only got the fibromyalgia diagnosis about two years ago. Many of the symptoms seem to be similar, but my MRI results are pretty definite about the MS.

--Laura R.M.
  8. sunshine1947

sunshine1947 New Member

I have both,, fibro & ms

fibro dx first
  9. sunshine1947

sunshine1947 New Member

I have both,, fibro & ms

fibro dx first
  10. dragenfli

dragenfli New Member

i have 30 symptoms of ms but none of my docs wnat to even talk about this. they went straight for the fibro dx even though that doesn't explain everything at all and even though the fibro isn't supposed to constantly worsen but it is and leaves worse effects after each flare which do not go away. what is the big deal with addressing this? is it the bubonic plague? i need help desperately because i am losing physical and psychological ground quickly and cannot get it back no matter what i do. any suggestions?
  11. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

mum has ms i was tested for it.

cfs runs with many of the same symptoms of ms.

ms was cleared and so have me/cfs with fibro.
  12. Bren5

Bren5 New Member

I have both MS and Fibromyalgia. MS diagnose came first, in 1997 and then the Fibromyalgia diagnose in 2003. The symptoms are similar & there are days I don't know which disease is causing me the most pain.

Lately I've seen my Rhumatologist more often than my Neurologist. I am not currently on any of the typical disease modifying drugs for MS due to side affects & my sensitivity to meds, which I feel is caused by the Fibromyalgia. So for the MS, we're just treating symptoms at the moment.

[This Message was Edited on 09/18/2005]
  13. revlcb

revlcb New Member

FM dx earlier in the year, but, PCP has referred me to a neuro, which I'll see at the end of the month, because he now feels that MS is what's actually causing these sx.

About 12 years ago I did have a day where I lost all vision in the central part of my right eye. Then for the following two weeks I had very blurry vision. CT scan showed nothing. Also, around that same time I came down with EBV and CMV, both which are known to be possible contributing factors in MS dx.

Whatever it is, I feel like cr@* most days. The fatigue and pain is the worst part for me as they both can be debilitating at times.

God bless anyone who has to deal with more than one dx at a time. It truly is a test of our strength.

Lisa
  14. greenthumb

greenthumb New Member

My husband asked the new neurologist if the symptoms I'm having can be from the FM; she said absolutely not. So I guess there are major similarities, but specific deliniations? I wish I knew which ones were not FM related & which ones were. I had another neuro tell me I didn't have MS but definitely had a neurological deficit and to get further testing. I moved to a new town and didn't pursue it. Now I'm wishing I had...but I was burned out and tired of being a mouse on a wheel, if you know what I mean.
    I have 23 of the symptoms listed on the MS.org symptoms list. Does anyone else have a lot of symptoms who do NOT have MS?
  15. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

My doctors haven't made a diagnosis of MS, but have diagnosed me with a condition that's exclusive to MS.

Just another thing to make them look stupid, I guess.

~Amanda