Anyone hurt only when they move?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Musica, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Musica

Musica New Member

I know a lot of you hurt all the time. Are there any not as severe who mainly hurt being too active or moving too fast? Sometimes I ache no matter what, but on better days, I feel pretty good until I get busy and start moving fast around the office at work, use my hands a lot, etc. Or like today, practicing organ for a few hours, my hips started getting stiff and hurting from stretching my legs out to work the pedals and volume box (I'm short!). I also became exhausted but after resting on the couch for a couple of hours, I felt better. It's been better sitting at the computer, typing and watching the Apollo 13 movie.

Does Fibro sometimes involve pain only with activity? It seems like it would make sense because it is fibers and muscles involved, but what do you say?
  2. Lurlasgirl

Lurlasgirl New Member

I do have some residual pain that is always there - but after 20 years, if that is all I have, it feels almost like I'm pain free!

When I walk, I have more pain in my legs, and if I'm on the computer all day, my hands hurt some, and - especially early in the day, if I start to walk, my feet hurt something terrible!!! but actually, most of my pain from moving too much will come several hours after ... and then I'll know I've done too much - but then it's too late ...
  3. reiki

reiki New Member

Hiya Musica
    I am new to the group and I have FM. also had ME in the past, with reference to pain when you move...like many of us I am in constant pain 24/7 both day and night, but I have noticed over the last few months I really have had to slow my pace down when walking as now I find I get severe pains in my feet this pain then vibrates up through the entire leg to my lower back. I have found this to be really frustrating as I was also rushing around her there and every where...but now any more x
  4. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Dear Musica:

I hurt when I move. I hurt all the time but I notice that when I bend over I get alot of pain in my lower back. When I crouch down my knees give in. When try to walk fast my hips hurt.

Yes dear Musica I hurt when I move. We have to try and do things slower, not easy if you are a firecracker like me.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
    Francey54
  5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

. . exercising.

I think that most people with FMS will hurt more if they move. That's why it's critical to continue to do some type of low impact walking exercise. If you don't move, then other problems develop that make moving even more painful.

Big problem is not having the energy to do any exercise, at least for me! Sometimes the tender points hurt even if you don't move. Not much you can do except nice hot baths when that happens!

My biggest problem is constant pain when moving and miserable fatigue. Because of these problems, I've gained weight, and the weight gain makes it all much worse. That's why those who can should be sure to move around as much as possible and walk, walk, walk. . . have a nice hot bath after exercise, maintain a good diet (critical to help the body stay in balance), drink lots of water, add supplements when needed, and if medication is needed then add that.

Nice Warm Thoughts, Jeannette
  6. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Hi there... just curious... you said you played the organ... which type?? My mother was an absolute pro on the Hammond B3... she was incredible and an "ear player" to boot! She was know in the SF Bay area for her amazing foot pedal work... she was just a natural. She passed away nine years ago and everytime I hear the "B3" it brings back such lovely memories of her wonderful music. I applaude you for using your gift in church... nothing like worship and praise on the organ!!

I have also experienced times when I don't hurt at all when I am just sitting... then activity brings on the pain.. or just walking. To vacuum is a real aggrevation and brings on hours of pain. But I am blessed in that sitting or laying down often alleviates most of my pain.

Blessings to you Musica.... CarolK