Anyone improve brain fog with yeast-free diet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by isee, Apr 13, 2003.

1. isee

isee New Member

I'm inching my way back to a yeast-free diet: no sugar, alcohol, cheese, mushrooms, and no bread, no caffeine.
    I'm wondering if anyone who's adhered to a strict yeast-free
    diet has experienced less brain fog.

In 20 years, I've had 4 bouts of CFS, which have occurred about every 6 yrs., and lasted about a year each. Each time, I went on a yeast-free diet, but usually would continue to eat sprouted-grain bread or yeast-free whole-wheat tortillas. I would usually emerge 80% better.

So far, this most recent bout has lasted 8 mos., and not only am I foggy from "yeasty" foods, but I now fog (and cramp) from any high carbohydrate foods like rice.

I'm wondering if the yeast-free diet is enough. Also I started Nystatin a week ago, and I wonder if I need that too.

Maybe this DD becomes more complicated with age.

Thanks for your responses.

Anna

2. kgg

kgg New Member

yeast. I don't feel good while being treated, but I have had significant help from it. I am also considering enzymes to help with digestion.
  3. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

it sure helped with the anxiety attacks and the hypoglycemia problems.
    Tibbie
  4. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

I was on a macrobiotic diet. It is a low/no sugar diet although not completely devoid of foods that effect candida like fermented foods. After about a year on the diet I felt great. I felt normal-no aches, no pains, my metabolism normalized, and some of my energy started to come back. The thing is I had heard it was an anti-cancer diet and thought it might help clear up the tumors on my hands. The tumors only got bigger so I quit the diet, but I haven't forgotten it or how it made me feel normal. If I can solve what is making tumors grow on my hands I may return to the diet. I'm going to do some testing for cytomegalovirus. In the book "Solving the Puzzle of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" the authors say that it is necessary to look for underlying viruses and diseases that may accompany CFS and treat them as well. I think they mentioned cytomegalovirus as one. It's interesting to read the similarities of CFS and cytomegalovirus symptoms. That's where I am right now in searching for some answers.
  5. isee

isee New Member

Could you tell me a little about this virus? its symptoms, and who gets it, and perhaps how?

Thank you.

I'll look into the book Solving the Puzzle ....
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I agree with Tibbie. It did not help my fog, but has helped other problems so much, I would not consider eating the old way again.

Cytomegalovirus is one that most of us have been exposed to, and it never leaves the body. In some of us, our immune systems have become so dysregulated that CMV is able to reactivate itself and cause illness. A simple blood test can tell if you have ever been exposed to it, and if it is currently active.
    Klutzo
  7. isee

isee New Member

Klutzo,

Thanks for the info.

Anna
  8. isee

isee New Member

More ideas.