Anyone in Boone or thereabouts (Western NC) know of a good GP?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luvdogs, Jun 27, 2009.

1. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

My GP has really wigged out. He's into alternative medicine, which is great, or used to be great, but now he's getting into all this weird stuff, plus he's gotten way too busy, and in general, is ignoring my needs. Prefer someone as close to Boone as possible, or someone who is interested in Integrative medicine, and/or who has at least a basic knowledge of Fibro/ME/CFS.
  2. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

I live in Mt Airy. I see a Dr in Va.
    I have fibro and now lyme.

He is somewhat sympathetic. I like him.

Your reply will come t o my email.

The Dr is away right now. On vacation.

3. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Why only somewhat? Thanks
  4. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I was just in North Carolina for the first time and I just wanted to say what a beautiful state you live in. My son is in the Marine Corp and received a very big honor so I went to visit and to his dinner. I was so hoping to make it to the western side to see the mountains but I didn't...maybe next time. In the meantime good luck with your search and hope you find someone helpful soon.

5. cathugs

cathugs New Member

I live in Wilkes county, about 30 miles from Boone. A friend of mine sees an alternative dr. in Boone .I don't know his name .I will find out tomorrow and post it tomorrow night. I hope it is not the same one.
    However some of the things she says he does seems strange to me,
    but I have never been to one and don't know their protocol.
    There is one in Wilkes, but I have heard a lot of bad things about him.

6. greatgran

greatgran Member

We are so close, Galax, but I do not have a good doctor so hope someone will post one and then maybe I might go see im or her..

Hey, Mt. Airy, we are also neighbors please tell me what doctor you see in VA and where... I have CFS/FM..

Luvdogs, hope you get some good relpies as I too am looking.

God Bless,
  7. greatgran

greatgran Member

We are neighbors I live in Galax, Va , please share with me what doctor you see in VA and where.. I reposted this in case you didn't see the other one I posted..

8. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Hi cathugs,

Yes please do find out. Of course it might be the same one. Greatgran, I hope we get some answers. Thanks all.
  9. cathugs

cathugs New Member

The name of the dr. that my friend goes to is Samuel Williams.
    His wife works with him. Her name is Terry. I think she is a mental therapist. Hope this helps, and hope this is not the one you are already going to.
  10. greatgran

greatgran Member

Please what doc in VA do you see and where? I need one.