Anyone in Cherokee County, Georgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LisaMay, Sep 1, 2002.

1. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I have been searching for a local support group in Cherokee County, Georgia. I found one call Appalachian Family Services located at the hospital, but 6 phone call later, and no return call. What kind of support is that?

Thank goodness I found this site, or else I would really be going crazy (more than normal)!

LisaMay
  2. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I have been searching for a local support group in Cherokee County, Georgia. I found one call Appalachian Family Services located at the hospital, but 6 phone call later, and no return call. What kind of support is that?

Thank goodness I found this site, or else I would really be going crazy (more than normal)!

LisaMay
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Have you tried our 'Community' forum at the top right of this board? They have a list of local support groups you can contact in your area.

We are glad to have you here on the board too. All of us need some support from others that are suffering like we do, others just don't understand.

Take care and good luck with finding a local group.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. georgia

georgia New Member

Hi I live in Cherokee County also. You are right there are no support groups in this area unless you want to drive to Marietta and then you have to pay to join them. Maybe you and I should start our own what do you think?
    Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2002]
  5. AmieRock

AmieRock New Member

Believe it or not we actually have a support group up here that meets once a month and it's free. I haven't gone yet because I can never remember what Monday night they meet!!!!

Amie
  6. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Carla,
    I would really be interested in starting a local support group. I live in Canton. My EM is LAMAY184@worldnet.att.com - let's put our heads together on this. I don't even know where to start, but I do know that driving to Marietta is out of the Q and I'm definitely not paying for it!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/16/2002]
  7. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hey LisaMay,
    I wish we were closer. I have not been able to locate too many things outside of Atlanta and that is nearly 100 miles from me. Atlanta seems to be the place for everything! Sorry I couldn't help more.

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  8. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I don't even know where Harris County is! I'm about 30 minutes northwest of Atlanta. I have made the drive several times and was disappointed each time.

Good luck, and thanks again.