Anyone in OHIO applied for SSDI?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Engel, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Engel

Engel New Member

I am working with Crowe Paradis (similar to ALLSUP) and got my first denial and am waiting on appeal decision.

I noticed quite a few folks on this board have been approved recently ... ANYONE IN OHIO?
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

3. Engel

Engel New Member

I was just curious how long all of this took? I have been off work over 1.5 years now! I do have LTD but I from what I have read it seems that LTD wants to get rid of you at the 2 year mark (it will be Feb 09 for me). I had to go with CP (LTD referred). CP thinks I have a good chance of getting approved but that really doesn't mean I will. I just happened to notice that there seemed to be a big surge in approvals on here lately.

Thank you so much.
  4. Engel

Engel New Member

I am getting paid by Hartford but I am so afraid it will end before SSDI gets through with me :-( I get really scared too. I just hope CP is as good as ALLSUP. I guess it is a real waiting game for us all. Best wishes to you.
  5. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I am from Ohio and I got approved on the 2nd try. I followed all of the advice from this board and the Social Security sites mentioned here.

One of the things I thought helped was I typed a letter listing my diagnoses and all of the tests I had done to verify. I think there were a total of 18 pieces of evidence. I attached all of the tests and lab reports.

I certified mailed it to Social Security so I knew they received it and all of the evidence. I then sent one to my LTD. Yes, after 2 years they do get pickier. I am still on partial LTD, but they update it every 3-4 months.

I wish you lots of luck on this. I know it can be nerve-racking. I wish I knew the name of the sites. You could try searching (social security). Take care, Cindy
  6. Engel

Engel New Member

Thanks Chrissy. Glad you got yours approved. I am using a service and they do everything so who knows what got turned in?