Anyone in or near Charlotte, NC ??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by luv2float, Oct 19, 2005.

1. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I live in Lake Wylie, SC right at the NC border.

I have fibro, CFS, IBS, back problems etc. I am thinking of starting a small support group. I have met so many people with FM that have noone to talk to.

Even if you aren't interested in the support group, I would still like to hear from you so we could keep in touch.

2. chp1298

chp1298 New Member

I am near Greenville, NC.

3. gottagettagrip

gottagettagrip New Member

I'm in Randolph County... central part of the state. Charlotte is only about 1.5 hr away. Has anyone seen the dr in Charlotte who is supposed to be one of the countries top authorities on FM/CF? I am curious about what kind of treatments are available.
  4. momof471

momof471 New Member

Hi! I just discovered this board, and now I've found a neighbor! I'm on the NC side of Lake Wylie, between 160 and McDowell Park on 49. I haven't met to many people with fibro, and feel quite alone right now, so I would love to hear from you!
  5. troyal

troyal New Member

I live in Guilford County, its about 1 1/2 hours from Charlotte. It's nice to meet you. I have only been dx with fm for 3 weeks.
  6. sallyluvshorses

sallyluvshorses New Member

I live In Lugoff SC, it is about 1 hr 15mins from Charlotte. I have suffered with FM for about 10 yrs now. It started when I had a car accident witch caused some trama. I finally thought I was getting better in the past year because I started doing something I really love that is good excercise. Then I fell off my horse and suffered several broken bones and trama and now my syptoms have come back hard and stong. My Doc is changing my meds to Cymbalta. Has anyone ever taken this and does it help?
  7. luv2float

luv2float New Member

Looks like you are the winner. I also live close to the bridge on the SC side right off 49.

Glad you all responded, thanks.
  8. chickadee

chickadee New Member

I'm about as "in" Charlotte as you can get. I'm about 10 minutes from "everything" - airport, downtown, hospitals, etc.

I haven't been to any support groups in town but understand there are several. I think there is one sponsored by Presbyterian Hospital and another sponsored by the Arthritis Patient Services.

Actually, I did start to go to one meeting and got about halfway there and my IBS (D) kicked in and I had to turn around and go back home!

Let me know if you decide to start another one.
    Peace,
    Chickadee
  9. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

Charlotte is bout 1.5hr north of me (was born there). Greenville SC (bout 30min north) has a support group but it is just too far for me to drive and I work 3rd shift so I am usually asleep during the meetings.
    I've thought about setting one up in Anderson but I just dont have the time or energy right now...good luck with yours.
    Love and Hugs
    Amy
  10. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I live in Atlanta but... I am conming to Charlotte the weekend of Nov 3-6. My Mom and three other friends are all going for the big antique show at the Metrolina center. We are staying downtown. Any fabulous restaurants we should try. We love to dine and have a nice glass or wine! I would love some suggestions! Lynn
  11. loreha

loreha New Member

in S.C. to be exact
    I have fibro, IBS, Interstitial Cystitis, back problems etc. I have not met anyone with this DD and very much like the idea of a support group.

Lore