Anyone in the Dallas area go to Scott Zashin, M.D.???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kat_in_Texas, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I recently read about Dr. Zashin in "D" Magazine's "100 Top Doctors" edition. I also looked him up on the internet and his bio is the same on both. (I copied it below.)

Has anyone on this board been a patient of Dr. Zashin's? Any and all information you may have on him would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks so much,
    Kat

This is Dr. Scott Zashin's bio:

Dr. Zashin enjoys spending time with his patients and finds their condition interesting, whether it's due to a common type of arthritis or something more unusual.

Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, Dr. Zashin specializes in treating rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, osteoarthritis, and fibromyalgia. His expertise and compassion have led to great improvements in his patients' conditions. He frequently sees patients seeking second opinions.

Educated at Dartmouth College and Dartmouth Medical School, Dr. Zashin is a clinical assistant professor at UT Southwestern, who has practiced at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas for 15 years. He is listed in Woodward-White's 2003 "Best Doctors in America." He is recognized as a Fellow by both the American Boards of Internal Medicine and Rheumatology, and is president of the Lupus Foundation North Texas Chapter.
  2. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Any comments yet?!?

:)
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

Hi Kat,

I don't live in TX, but I have chosen some of the top doctors off the list here in VA and have been dissappointed with several of them (not all).

You'll just have to see what you think about him. Good luck and hope he is what you need.

Kendra

By-the-way you posted to my photo the other night and I wanted to tell you that your babies are so precious. They look just like my cat when he was little.

4. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

foggedup, I have been worried about the very scenario you described! Just because a doctor is listed in a magazine, or on an internet list for that matter, doesn't mean he/she is good! I'm sorry about your experience with the orthodontist. Kendra, thanks for your input too. I'm not sure I want to put myself out there as a "guinea pig" just because some hot-shot publication (not a huge fan of "D" Mag anyway, too snooty! lol!) says he's good.

My husband brought up a good point a few days ago ... maybe the docs that are profiled in the magazine are simply the ones who paid for the advertising! Could very well be.

Anyway, thanks to both of you for your thoughts. Maybe someone else will see this and reply as well.

Happy New Year to you!

Kat

5. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

Sounds like the techs and students in your "great ortho's" office get the credit there, ha!! :)

My daughter (now 23) always put a TON of importance on a guy's teeth when she and her friends were "checking him out" which I always thought was too funny! My daughter has incredibly beautiful teeth (I have the cancelled checks to prove it) so I guess that's what one of her "boyfriend criteria" was. She's dating a new guy now, I haven't met him yet (they live in another state) ... hmmmm, I haven't thought to ask about his teeth but I bet they're nice ..... !!

6. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

HI,

D MAGAZINE LISTS BEST DOCTORS, BEST LAWYERS, ETC. BUT THESE
    PROFESSIONALS PAY FOR THE ADVERTISEMENT! SO BE VERY CAREFUL IN WHO YOU PICK FROM AN AD.

LOTS OF LUCK WITH FINDING A GOOD DOCTOR IN THE DALLAS AREA.
    IF YOU DO SEE THIS DOCTOR, PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A DOCTOR WHO TREATS FM IN THE DFW
    AREA.

MARIBELLE
  7. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I'm looking too.....sigh.....