anyone in the houston area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tacanton, Nov 12, 2006.

1. tacanton

tacanton New Member

I was wondering if anyone lives in or near the Houston area? It would be nice to meet and talk with others that are going thru the same thing. This website has really helped me feel like I am not the only one out there.
  2. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

Hi Tacanton,

I live in Houston and would love to meet and talk with you.

I know how tough it is to be fighting this illness and it helps to know you are not alone.

Don't know how we can arrange to talk as I don't think they allow us to exchange email addresses.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how we could exchange email addresses or telephone numbers?

Please help.

Gretchen
  3. tacanton

tacanton New Member

i am not sure how to contact anyone, but it would be very nice to talk with someone. Most of my friends and family have never heard of FM, so it's very hard to explain it to them. If you have any suggestions, let me know. What part of Houston are you from? I am west of Katy. Thanks for your response.Hope to talk to you soon.
    Tammy
  4. rigby

rigby New Member

I live down by Galveston. Nice to hear from ya. Sharon
  5. justlooking

justlooking New Member

Don't mean to butt in your post but noticed you all are in Houston and thought maybe you could help me.

I just posted about 30 mins ago about possibly moving to Houston and looking for some advice. I copied and pasted the post, maybe someone here can help me.

Houston area members... need info.. thinking of moving there 11/13/06 10:43 AM

Hello Texans! I've been an active member of this forum for several years, I don't post much but I know I've seen people from Texas through the years and I'm hoping you can help me now.
    I'm hoping you can assist me in making a decision about moving to Houston. I'm currently living in the Los Angeles area, which is SO expensive and we are considering moving. I have a family of 5 (me, husband, 3 school age kids).

One of my issues is healthcare. I currently have 2 great Drs who work with me. One is my PCP who I've been with for over 10 years and supports my SSDI completely and also a Pain Management Dr who supports my SSDI and pain medication. I want to find out if the Houston area Drs are willing to treat pain with pain meds or not and how they treat people with FM/CFS/severe migraines. If anyone has a Dr they can recommend, I will have my Drs call them to make sure they will treat me the same way I am currently treated before I move anywhere (won't tell them where I was referred from unless you want).

Also wondering how you feel overall about Houston, the schools, job market, people, etc. We have been looking online at houses in the area and are looking for the best neighborhoods which are newer, large family homes with a big lot and good school district and clean area. Suggestions?

Thanks to you all (or y'all) for help.

Sincerely
    JL