anyone - inflamed and soar throat, stuffed and painful ears

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rasyte, Jul 17, 2003.

1. rasyte

rasyte New Member

Does anyone experience symptoms like inflamed and soar throat, stuffed and sometimes painful ears, all teeth are more sensitive than usually and feel like they are not in their spots (this one is weird), feeling that upper and lower jaws are swollen (while they are not)? Especially my ears feel like I am on a plane all the time.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Allergies can cause all these symptoms. Is this seasonal for you? Do you notice it when certain pollen counts are high?

People with CFIDS often have chronic sore throats, swollen glands, and sinus problems.

I experience the tooth thing when my sinuses are inflamed. I just got over a summer cold and it has left me with clogged sinuses which have affected my teeth. I have to take a decongestant and nasal spray when it gets bad.

Love, Mikie
  3. rasyte

rasyte New Member

I do not have allergies. But I had sinus infection like 2 years ago. I saw my sinus doc today, who says it is not the sinuses that causes this. He thinks my muscle pain is causing ear symptoms. Everything else - just an irritation according to him. He prescribed nasal spray and asked me to come back in two weeks :( I hope that helps, though I tried over the counter one and it did not help. I am concerned because this is going on for more than three weeks now. Thanks for your support!
  4. ~Cel~

~Cel~ New Member

I get it mostly in the evenings, feels like a cold coming on but the next morning it's not so bad. My throat feels inflamed and sore, my ears feel stuffed and click when I swallow, it hurts to swallow even water and I get jaw pain. I think it's due to TMJ, cause I also get days when my jaw doesn't feel aligned right and I can barely eat or smile or sometimes even talk. Run a search for TMJ and you'll find lots of info on it, inflammation of the jaw muscles can cause all these symptoms.

I plan on asking my rheumy what I can do about it when I see him in September. I'll let you know what he said!

Take care,

Celine
  5. pezbemine

pezbemine New Member

I developed allergies about the same time my fibromyalgia started getting bad. No one else in my family has allergies. I have read some doctors believe illnesses like FM and allergies can be a result of the same causes. I'm getting allergy shots once a week for grass, weeds and trees. They were helping but the worse my FM gets, the worse my allergies seem to get.
  6. spazmonkey

spazmonkey New Member

I was just going to write a post about this. I have this horrible cold right now, it's going around. But im about to go on a trip for 3 days and I can't be sick.
    I'm taking all sorts of vitamins, I sleep on my lunch break but I just don't know what to do.
    My ears and throat are extremely itchy, the roof of my mouth is sore, my ears and jaw are sore due to TMJ, and now im getting all congested. Plus i have muscle pain like i have the flu (normal fibro stuff, i think, just exagerrated cause of this cold thing). I'm on all sorts of drugs for fibro Pamelor, Lexapro, Klonopin so im afraid to take anything over the counter. I do have left over Allegra, but im so afraid of mixing.