Anyone know a good Doctor in Kansas City/ Overland Park area?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shell, Nov 25, 2002.

1. shell

shell New Member

This board has been my only help through the past 3 months dealing with my pain. Was hoping someone knew of a good doc in this area. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT even when I don't ask, reading these posts has helped me through the day!!!!!

Well I am adding this : read the post on finding the doctor list link (only through immunesupport.com) and found some docs on there. any more personal experiences from anyone in the area would be grateful for. [This Message was Edited on 11/25/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  2. shell

shell New Member

This board has been my only help through the past 3 months dealing with my pain. Was hoping someone knew of a good doc in this area. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT even when I don't ask, reading these posts has helped me through the day!!!!!

Well I am adding this : read the post on finding the doctor list link (only through immunesupport.com) and found some docs on there. any more personal experiences from anyone in the area would be grateful for. [This Message was Edited on 11/25/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2002]
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shell....................

Shalom, Shirl
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I moved to Overland Park about 8 months ago, so we're neighbors! The hardest part of my move has been trying to find a good doctor here in the KC area.

I just started seeing a Jeremy Baptist in O.P.--he's an allergist MD who combines traditional medicine with supplements, etc. & he's testing me for everything from food allergies to heavy metal toxicity to yeast overgrowth, since I've come to the conclusion that I have some underlying problems that are making my FM worse in the past few months. I'm one who doesn't like meds. a lot, just because I'm so very sensitive to the side effects. I just started with Dr. Baptist, so I don't know much yet, but I'll let you know.

Another place to recommend is Mid-America Physiatrists in O.P., a Dr. Steve Simon there is supposed to be very good. I have not seen him, I saw another doctor there who I did NOT like, but I have heard others really like Steve Simon, and that they are good at managing pain w/ meds.----I think Steve Simon is on the good doc list.

I had wanted to see a Dr. Debra Smithson in Lee's Summit, however found out she's not taking new FM patients; alas, she was supposed to be excellent.

I don't know if any of this helps: since I'm so new in the area myself, I don't have too much to offer! But it's nice to talk to a fellow JoCo resident (if you are in O.P., too)!

Good luck, Shell--

Hugs,
    Pam

5. shell

shell New Member

Pam,

Glad to find someone in the area with some knowledge on the subject!! I had picked Dr. Debra in Lees Summit off of the good doctors list but hadn't tried to call her yet. I will definitely try the other doctors you suggested because I have been to two doctors and I don't think either one of them believes in fibro. Neither one of them has ever mentioned it they only ask if I am sleeping okay and how stressed out I am and tell me that if I relieve my stress my pain will go away. I live on the KC side but I frequent the OP area, my boyfriend works out there. I am also very sensitive to meds and try to stay away from them. I am not new to fibro but new to the "flare" where it has actually interfered with my life. I am searching for alternative ways to get better.... email me anytime neighbor!!!! smythmi@hotmail.com. TAKE CARE

Shell

[ advertisement ]