Anyone know a good doctor in Vancouver, BC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pro_photog1970, Oct 1, 2008.

1. pro_photog1970

pro_photog1970 New Member

Still looking for a doctor familiar with Myalgic Encphalomyelitis, that may be able to help me with a diagnosis.
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

Name: A. Caroline Patterson, MB
    Address: Gordon & Leslie Diamond Health
    2775 Laurel Street
    8th Floor
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1M9
    Phone: 604-875-8270
    Date Added: 2008-07-23

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Andrew Chalmers, MD
    Address: University of British Columbia
    895 West 10th Avenue
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1L7
    Phone: 604-875-5353
    Date Added: 2007-09-01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: David A. Cabral, MBBS
    Address: BC Children's Hospital
    4480 Oak Street
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3V4
    Phone: 604-875-2437

Name: David Collins, MD
    Address: 2775 Laurel Street
    Suite 8201
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1M9
    Phone: 604-875-8190

Name: Hyon K. Choi, MD
    Address: University of British Columbia
    895 West 10th Avenue
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V5Z 1L7
    Phone: 604-871-4542

Name: Irina Raklyar, MD
    Address: 2351 Alder Street
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 2S1
    Phone: 202-607-8546

Name: Kenneth Blocka, MD
    Address: 1160 Burrard St
    Suite 204
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2E8
    Phone: 604-669-7124

Name: Kristin M. Houghton, MD
    Address: British Columbia Childrens Hospital
    4480 Oak Street
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 3V4
    Phone: 604-875-2437

Name: Maziar Badii, MD
    Address: 888 8th Avenue West
    Suite 208
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V6H 1C9
    Phone: 604-731-3125

Name: Nicholas Bellamy, MD
    Address: 1160 Burrard Street
    Suite 204
    City, State Zip: Vancouver, British Columbia V6Z 2E8
    Phone: 604-669-7124

---------------------------------------

There is the famous expert who is now semi-retired and is no longer in vancouver but his office may be able to give you some names:

Dr. Bruce Carruthers, MD, CM, FRCP(C) 604.224.1515

-----------------------------------------

There was another doctor who's name i was given by my old doctor, dr. leo galland. dr. galland thought he lived in toronto (where i am) but actually lives in BC.

i think it was a very good doctor but i cannot remember the name!!!! arghhh..

perhaps you can call dr. leo galland in NYC....and ask the secretary to ask him if he knows of a doctor in vancouver who treats CFS.

good luck!
    sue
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2008]
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  3. glenpr

glenpr New Member

Wow, I didn't realize that there were so many in Vancouver. Dr. Herschler is the one that diagnosed me, Dr. Carruthers also recommended that I see Dr. Herschler when he retired. Dr.Herschler is in the area of 16th and MacDonald

There are also 2 new FM/CFS clinics that have opened up in the Lower Mainland area. One is in Point Grey---Dr.Jan Venter 604-222-0743

The other is in Maple Ridge--Dr.Hyams 604-467-5522 (I am sure that if you type his name in here you may find information on this doctor here in the forums)

You can google the name Dr.Hyams and get the website for the CFS/FM Clinics.

Love glen
  4. pro_photog1970

pro_photog1970 New Member

I appreciate the loads of info on doctors that you just gave me. I'll start the process after I get moved.

I've got so much on my plate right now, that I have to just think one day at a time (brainfog) and one thing at a time. I've got the front office of the SRO asking me to move stuff away from the windows so that they can install a new set (couldn't they have waited until we were gone at the end of the month??? NO!(so I'm playing container Tetris right now)), and then trying to do the dishes. I think I'm having a 7 unit day today with regards of units of energy and I've just spent three of them: (gave the cat his food and water (-1), moved containers (-2)...and I'm wondering do I get the dishes done today (-3) or feed myself and conserve my remaining units of energy until tomorrow! Decisions, decisions...(brain-fog!!! Damn!)
  5. glenpr

glenpr New Member

It takes months to get into some of the docs, so you may want to get your referral and the process started.

love glen
  6. kkvj

kkvj New Member

hi - I have a great doctor - he is in burnby and just opened 1 of 2 clinics in the lower mainland - been with him for 7 yrs - very understanding - very knowledgable - attended his fm/cf clinic last week - very interesting - just wish this programe and this doctor was around 24 yrs ago but better late than never - cannot say enough good about him - he does lots of research and attends clinics on subjects all over - His name is Dr.Jan Venter and you can reach him at this web site www.f2c2.ca where you can access all his info - never leaves a stone unturned regarding ones health - for the first time in years I got a doctor who understood my problems - what a releive I have someone who walks this journey with me. wishing you all the best in your journey - margaret (kkvj)