Anyone know a good DR. in N. Alabama?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tadpoles, Jun 9, 2003.

1. tadpoles

tadpoles New Member

Unfortunately, mine is starting to act like all the rest, every time I go in he says, " OH, I can tell, you look so much better". Wish he could come stay for a day or 2. He and I could have stayed up together throwing up all night last night, and when the storm fronts move in, I get litterally paralyzed with pain, I call him and no one calls back so I have to go to Urgent Care and pray they will give me something. Right now, I've got 10 different prescriptions and still hurt all the time. Before I got FMS March 2002, I didn't even take a tylenol but maybe once a month.

Thanks,
    TADPOLES
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2003]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you are not getting quality care from you doctor.

We do have a 'Doctors Referral' link at the top of this page, the doctors are listed by states. They are the ones that are believers in FM/CFS.

Also you can call the; 'FM Network' 1-800-853-2929

I am sure you should be able to get a referral from one of the above.

We just had a lady join from Alabama, I think her usuer name was something like; 'nutsinAlabama'. Maybe she could help you.

You take care, and I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 06/09/2003]
  3. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I am from Huntsville, Alabama...but, I can't help you out as I haven't lived there in a long time..live in Colorado, and we don't have any good CFS/FM docs out here..I have heard that there is a lot of research going on at UAB Me
    dical Center in Birmingham on FIBRO...have you checked there? They may know of good Rhuemies in your area or in Huntsville..I have heard that there is an excellent ABX therapy Rheumie at UAB, named Graciela Alarcon..

HAVE A GOOD DAY,
    Plantscaper
  4. edandbubba

edandbubba New Member

Hi, I was referred to Dr. Douglas Bell at Montclair Rheumatology, P.C. phone 205 591 2758. He immediately
    showed concern and a great attitude of caring for my health.
    I reccommend to give him a call. Even if you dont live near birmingham, it is worth the drive. I live about 50 miles away and wouldnt go anywhere else. Good luck !!!!
  5. tadpoles

tadpoles New Member

Thanks, for the info. Sorry I took so long to reply, been out of town for a few days.I will definetly check into it.
    Thanks Again,
    Tadpoles
  6. tadpoles

tadpoles New Member

HI, Thanks so much for the info, I will definetly be calling tomorrow. I live about 50 miles north of B'ham. I'd gladly drive there for a good Dr. I know right where Montclair is.Sorry so long responding, out of town.

Thanks Again,
    Tadpoles