anyone know about bad leg cramps?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fahan, Aug 28, 2005.

1. fahan

fahan New Member

My hubby suddenly started getting very bad leg cramps last night,
    they have carried on into the day and are really bad this evening.
    He's doing about the same thing during the day and meals are simuliar.

He's a diabetic, wonder if this has something to do with it?
    Could someone pls help, anythiing with this, thanks alot!
    fahan
  2. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

where are the cramps exactly? My aunt is a diabetic, and has been complaining of sore legs lately. I don't know if she gets the same pain though.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Diabetics can't take anything for granted. Cramps in legs can signal other problems. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. fahan

fahan New Member

Mostly right above his ankle, also to his hip. Now that you mention it he did complain of his legs being

very sore and achey afew days ago. I tried to talk him into going to the er, he won't go.

He sees his dr. anyway next month, hope it gets better by then.
    Has your grandmom saw her dr. yet?

Thanks for your help, fahan
  5. fahan

fahan New Member

aunt. Also what may help other than a hot bath, hubby doesn't like that.
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

he should go to the doctor as soon as possible. Leg problems and diabetes don't mix, and if his pain is severe it could be serious.

abbylee
  7. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

It may be a good idea to get him in to see a doctor sooner if you can. These cramps could just be something simple as a pulled muscle, low potassium, high blood sugars, or overuse, but can also signal something more serious like a blood clot in the leg, neuropathy, etc, complications from Diabetes. You have to be so careful with diabetes because it affects your organs and expecially your legs. I would just give his doctor or his diabetes doctor a quick call to see if they feel you need to get him in. Keep an eye on him. Also, dehydration can cause some horrible cramps. Is he having an other symptoms like headache-dizziness-etc? I wish you luck. It really could be anything so give that doctor a call.

Trish :)
  8. fahan

fahan New Member

so very much everyone for your help!! I'll call his dr.

in the morning. I hate to hear you too Acenanna have to deal with that on top of fm.. The information about electrolytes

and potassium I'll have to remember. I don't want to take any chances on my hubby.

thanks again very much to all!! fahan
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's important to get it checked out.

Love, Mikie