Anyone Know About "Heath Ledger"...what

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BlueSky555, Apr 8, 2008.

1. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

kind of drugs were the cause of his death?

I'm curious; was watching Dr. Phil and they were talking about an accidental drug overdose. This kind of thing scares me, even though I don't understand an accidental overdose. If he was under doctors care, how could something like this happen?

Thanks to anyone who is familiar with this. I didn't even know who he was until today. I'm not sure when this happened. I suppose I've been living in a "bubble".

2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Thank you for filling me in. I am always so afraid when something like this happens. I know it's because I take medications, that it scares me. After reading the meds, I couldn't believe he even had all of these. I looked them up and 2 are pain meds and 3 for sleep or anxiety and last is antihistamine. That's a lot. Yes, it's very sad.

OK, didn't mean to get into that, but again, thank you so much.

3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I love Health Ledger movies, he is one of my favorites. I think it is just so sad that he died so young. And it is easy to overdose, I have taken my medications twice by accident, forgetting that I have already taken a dose. So I can see how easy it would be to mistakenly take too much. Of course I have been on meds for years and years, that boy probably had not and his body wasn't used to the drugs. I just hate it and it is such a waste of a young life.

4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I don't think deaths like Heath Ledger's happen that easily. He had a long history of drug abuse and rehab. He was on heroin at one time.

Yes, you need to be careful with medications but he was a drug abuser, not just someone treating pain. He was a very good actor just like Robert Downey Jr who is one of the best actors in our time and look at his drug history.

Alot of pressure comes with fame and fortune causing many to turn to drugs.

On Heath Leger's last movie it was really terrible. They worked tons of hours and he was exhausted - also the part he played was upsetting.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2008]
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

One of the things that saddens me so regarding Heath's untimely death was the fact that he suffered so from insomnia, as I do. According to a story I heard from a friend who lived near him in NYC (someone who would know),Heath suffered so badly from insomnia and sleeplessness that he would walk the streets and in the early morning hours venture over to a nearby park where some elderly gentlemen would gather each morning to play chess. Supposedly, Heath would often sit with them as they played ,friendly, and yet distraught, complaining that his lack of sleep was what drove him out of doors in the early morning hours. He didn't know what to do and the group of elderly men would try and talk to him, bolster his spirits. Sad really that no one was able to reach him. I do not believe that he intentionally took his life; rather, I believe he got caught up in a tangled narcotic web that he could not free himself from.
  6. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I sware he had some fibromyalgia going on for him to be on the pain meds and other meds that often are used to treat FMS. Maybe the prior addiction problem caused his brain to go haywire and created pain for him. Or he could have been an addict still, but with all the stunts he was doing, he may have injured himself.

Anyway, my prayers go out to those who loved him dearly and were so close to him.

[This Message was Edited on 04/11/2008]
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I had a friend who died of exactly the same thing. She had no recreational drug use ever.

The docs kept piling on more and more meds, she was taking 18 different scrips. I carted her round many doctors and begged them to work with her. I begged and pleaded with one doc to admit her to hospital, but he said the hospitals did not have room for people just in pain. I begged her to cut back, but she was totally hooked, living from pill to pill.

A week later her DH actually made them admit her and she died that night due to the same overuse of pills, yet each and every one was given by her docs and were kept safe from her by her DH. Also, they did not even check on her in the hospital as they did not even know she was dead until I tried to reach her by phone and couldn't and had them check.

Prescription drugs kill thousands each year-look at the twin babies of that star, I forget his name.

I also think that docs are spending too much time staring at the puter screen when you visit them now, and have no real idea about the patient.