Anyone know about online schools and financial aid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Aug 22, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

As you know I'm looking into going to school. Wondering about the accredited schools online. I read the University of Phoenix is the largest and best provider of online schools. Do you know if you can get financial aid for those also. Can you also get the vocational rehab help also like when you enroll in a state college. Do you know anyone who's taken these online classes and gotten a degree and financial aid? Just checking out all my options.

If I enroll in the college 30 minutes from here I'm too late for this semester so I'll have to start in Jan which means I should apply in Nov,told to apply early as I can, which means they'll use my 2005 income for aid,so I've been told. I'm worried since I'll have a full yr. of work on those taxes I might not get enough to pay for it. And if I don't get full aid then there's no sense in me going cause I can't pay for it. So what do ya think.

Keke
  2. azbubba

azbubba New Member

I have friends that go to the University of Phoenix, and it is an accredited school, so you can get financial aid. But you will need it...it's expensive.

As to the voc rehab help...sorry, don't know.

If you need a cheaper online alternative, I've done all my classes so far online with <a href="http://www.rio.maricopa.edu/">Rio Salado College</a>, which is an state college here in Arizona. It's only a two-year college, though.

Hope this helps.

Bubba
  3. jjdg

jjdg New Member

Hi,
    I do online college here in New Hampshire its a local school with online and campus classes it was a "college of life long learning" but got a new name of Granite State College.i get the financial aid and some left that they send me every 4 months i think,i was able to upgrade my computer and pay for my books,etc.online is great you can do it at your own pace.this fall will be my 5th semester,and i'm doing soooo good it surprised me,i only take 1 class a semester don't think i could handle more than 1.it's taking a while but anything good does.staying local is cheaper also,and they are tere for you.Good Luck
    janet