Anyone know anything about hypothalamus extracts?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jfrustrated, Feb 2, 2006.

1. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I seem to have come across a lot of info. lately on the possibility of a link between CFS and a hypothalamus which has been damaged by infection/virus/something else. I have also seen a number of web sites that are selling hypothalamus extracts.

I take adrenal extracts now to support weak adrenal function (after a bad trip with hydocortisone) and I think the natural extracts are helping. I would like to hear from anyone who is taking or has taken these hypothalamus extracts to support their own hypothalamus function.

If anyone is doing anything else to help improve their h. function, I would be very interested in any info. you can give.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Not heard of anything Sibley seems well up on allthese things. Maybe she will post.
    Love Anne
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

interesting topic, hope somebody knows...

guess we can always google and weed thru the results tho? Sounds like it would be worthwhile.

Victoria
  4. neen85

neen85 New Member

It ia by Energique Nutrition,which,I think,only sells to naturopathic practitioners and such. I was told that the hypothalamus supported the adrenals,which,in turn hydration in the body. At that time I was going every 7 minutes to urinate.

After a few bottles of the hypothalmupar that slowed way down,but I still feel dehydrated and "go" more than the normal person. I no longer am up all night going.

I was drinking because I was dehydrated not going because I was drinking alot. I can no longer use the hypothalmupar because it is alcohol based and I am taking Flagyl (generic) for lyme disease. The pharmacist said you weren't even supossed to have mouth wash with alsohol in it because there would be an incomplete breakdown with the combination of the two and the result would be formaldahyde in the body. Daneen
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

but taken as the whole gland, not extracted. I think they loose viability that way, as well as valuable hormones.

I was taking a multi-gland by Dr. Wilson, called Adrenal Rebuilder. It had a synergistic blend of mainly adrenal, w/ thyroid, gonad, pituitary, and hypothalamus. It definitely helped a great deal.

jeanne
  6. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

7. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

8. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I've been taking adrenal extracts and supplements prescribed by the late Dr. Poesnecker for several years. To help my hypothalamus, I am planning to start reverse therapy soon.

Love, Jasmine
  9. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Can you share exactly what supplements the good doctor prescribed, and tell us where you get them?
    Cheers
    Delia