anyone know home remedy for pink eye??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BrainFogBaby, May 12, 2008.

1. RatsWife

RatsWife New Member

It's a bacterium in the same Family as gonnorhea?? OMG!! Did you know that particular bacterium originated in sheep? Sorry, had to share that -- just proves shepherds need some shepherding, too. Gross.

Pink Eye At A Glance
    -Pink eye (conjunctivitis) can be due to infectious or noninfectious causes.
    -Infectious pink eye is contagious.
    -Infectious pink eye can be caused by bacteria or viruses.
    -Avoiding contact with infected people, disinfection of household surfaces, and good hygienic practices can help prevent the spread of infectious pink eye.
    -Noninfectious pink eye can be caused by allergy, chemical irritation, underlying inflammatory diseases, or trauma.

Underlying diseases

Persistent pink eye (conjunctivitis) can be a sign of an underlying illness in the body. Most often these are rheumatic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus. Conjunctivitis is also seen in Kawasaki's disease (a rare disease associated with fever in infants and young children) and certain inflammatory bowel diseases such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.

Found this, but no mention of gonnorhea any where ... yet anyway:

Chlamydia pink eye

Pink eye due to infection with chlamydia is an uncommon form of bacterial pink eye in the U.S., but it is very common in Africa and Middle Eastern countries. It can cause pink eye in adults and neonates. It is a cause of pink eye in adolescents and adults that can be sexually transmitted. Chlamydia pink eye is typically treated with tetracycline (except in children less than 8 years old, because of possible discoloration of the teeth) or erythromycin.

Apologies to all. I'm in research mode today. Seem to do this when I'm flaring -- must be some sort of distraction thing.

Peace and Gentle Hugs,
  2. BrainFogBaby

BrainFogBaby New Member

..hahahaahahahaha. Omg, have me smiling. Mmmmmmm sheep eye!
  3. landra

landra New Member

But I sure needed it! Thanks brainfogbaby for posting and everyone else for replying. Hydrogen peroxide is working well for me!! And the doctor said it was "just allergic" and I "Just needed antihistamine drops." NOT! 6 WEEKS LATER YOU'ALL HELPED MORE THAN SHE DID! (She's usually good, so no general complaints.)
  4. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

marshmellow root, pour hot water on it and strain,use liquid on both eyes.-treat both eyes

I tried that but it didn't get rid of my pink eye-had to get the drops from doctor-painful when dropping it into eyes.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2008]
  5. hi all,

id try this for one week,if i were you.for the pink eye.

buy some detol liquid,antiseptic disinfectant.

put a tiny drop, in the sink,and fill the sink with warm water.

wash your face in can use you normal soap too.

do this morning and night,for one week,and see if the pink eye goes away.

thats what i would do,i think.if i were having those problems.

then if it doesnt go away,see your doctor for eye treatment.

kind regards

im putting some disenfectant in my washer,and then the washpower.

my gut feeling tells me to do that,to keep bugs at bay.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/21/2008]
  6. Looma

Looma Member

Warm compress can be the best home remedy for pink eye...
  7. Willow77

Willow77 Active Member

I have had the viral type many times. I use a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar as a compress for the affected eye. It takes the heat and inflammation out but does not help the headache, sore throat or the rest of the virus. Only time helps that.
  8. Conjunctivitis, commonly known as pink eye, is an inflammation of the conjunctiva, a thin and transparent layer of tissue lining the white part of the eyes. This is usually a result of a bacterial or viral infection or an allergic reaction. It may also occur due to pollen, dust or smoke causing irritation in the eyes.

It is one of the most common eye infections that can affect both children and adults equally. It can occur in one or both eyes.

Home Remedies For Pinkeye

1. Cold Compress
    A cold compress is one of the best remedies for pink eye. It will ease the itching and swelling, and make your child more comfortable until the infection is gone.

2. Warm Compress
    You can also use a warm compress to help relieve conjunctivitis. It is effective in reducing pain and inflammation in the eyes as well as clearing discharge temporarily.

3. Apple Cider Vinegar
    ACV is one of best cures for pink eye. Its antimicrobial properties help fight bacterial infections, one of the key causes of pink eye.

4. Breast Milk
    Breast milk is known to be the most perfect food for newborns and can also help fight an eye infection.

5. Colloidal Silver
    Colloidal silver is another popular and very effective remedy for eye infections, including pink eye. It helps fight bacterial as well viral infections.

6. Black Tea
    Black tea is another excellent remedy for pink eye. The tannins in black tea help reduce itching and inflammation. Also, it can combat viral and bacterial infections, thus speeding up the healing process.

[ advertisement ]