anyone know if good dr in Hamilton or close NJ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andrea1459, Jan 6, 2006.

1. andrea1459

andrea1459 New Member

My primary doctor is horrible. She tells me your sick and will be forever , deal with it, forget life basically. I dont like to hear that. I have not found any compassionate dr's here except for mental health ones. Anyone know of any good regular ones around here?

Andrea
  2. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

I live in Ewing, not too far away. My primary care left private practice last year or I would have whole-heartedly recommended him. I'm not really thrilled with the other docs in the group, but I've been at this practice for over 20 yrs and it's close by. Besides, I don't know where to look either! Ü

There is a doc over by Oxford Valley Mall who specializes in FM/CFS, Steven Katz. I liked him quite a bit. I'd always need referrals with my old insurance and the co-pays were a lot higher, so I didn't go to him that often.

We just changed insurance companies and I won't need referrals anymore (I hope) and the co-pays are a lot lower, so maybe I'll start going back to him.

I'm not always able to drive -- that's the sticking point for me. My current PCP is 2 miles up the road, and well, you know the traffic around the mall. It's not all that far, but some days even driving a mile is impossible for me. I'll have to see how it goes with the new ins. company.

What doctor do you go to now? All I can think of right now is Dr Aufiero, but he's an infectious disease doc. I took my dd to him when she had mono years ago. I'm pretty sure she developed CFS as a result. He was really good with her. I'm pretty sure he has an office in Hamilton.

Let me know if you find anyone locally, okay? I'll do the same.

Love & blessings
    Mar
  3. Mar19

Mar19 New Member

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

...There is a greta female Rheumy in Sommers Point area. You have to wait to see her as she is very good. Stone Harbor is a bit far for you but we had a wonderful family practictioner there called Tara Vodges, Harbor Family Practice. She and her staff were very caring and good.

Love Cromwell